Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I missed the end of the month...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 04:59 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Default So I missed the end of the month...

(Mod please move if this is not the correct section)

Have been shopping for and negotiating on a 2012 GT Premium involving a trade. Haven't pulled the trigger. Today was end of month. Now what? Should I expect the same terms/rebates offered today to be in place tomorrow or this weekend on the same cars? (i.e., same rebates/incentives/trade valuation).

Had to work today and won't be out until late but was close on one or two deals. Would price, incentives, etc. I had been offered be available if I call tomorrow? Should I wait until later in the month and start over? (hopefully the cars are still there)

I've read various opinions on this and know end of month is best time to buy but should things really change that much tomorrow? I feel like I missed my window now as I would buy tomorrow or this week if things are still the same. How bad is this in reality and what should I expect...

What would be my best approach now - just call salesperson and say I was busy and can I come in and is deal still on the table? AAArgh!!! I hate this!!!

Last edited by rogan01; 07-31-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:29 PM
mcate
2nd Gear Member

Go here http://www.ford.com/incentives/ & type in your zip code to find out what the rebates are. The dealer might also know when rebates are due to change. Whether they choose to share that info is another story...
A lot of times you CAN get a better deal on the last day of the month, as the dealerships are trying to sweeten their #'s for the month. I'm an X-Plan buyer, so the time of month doesn't matter. It can, however, help get a little more on trade-in.
If you're negotiating & they've given you a price that's acceptable, & rebates go down on the 1st of the month, the dealer can always back-date the contract to the last day of the month. They can do a lot, depending on how badly they want to move the car.
Remember, you're the customer. It's their job to make you happy & sell you a car. Don't let them feel like they're in control.

Last edited by mcate; 07-31-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:31 PM
TommyB681
2nd Gear Member

only if there are specific sales or rebates that specifically are in place to end tom. im sure you could work something out thought
Old 07-31-2012, 06:00 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Simple....same deal as before or walk out......
Old 07-31-2012, 06:27 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mcate
Go here http://www.ford.com/incentives/ & type in your zip code to find out what the rebates are. I'm an X-Plan buyer, so the time of month doesn't matter. It can, however, help get a little more on trade-in.
Thank you. Makes me feel a little better. Still wondering what I should say when I call and when I should call... I think if I just show up I may seem desperate...

Also, How can I get an x-plan, how long would it take and how would that affect things?

Thanks again.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:35 PM
mcate
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rogan01
Thank you. Makes me feel a little better. Still wondering what I should say when I call and when I should call... I think if I just show up I may seem desperate...

Also, How can I get an x-plan, how long would it take and how would that affect things?

Thanks again.
X-Plan is like a friends & family type plan. I get it because I'm a member of DAV. There are several ways to get it, though. X-Plan price is usually just slightly over dealer invoice, like a couple hundred bucks.
You won't seem desperate, you'll seem interested. Nothing wrong with letting them know you're interested, but still thinking about it.
It also never hurts to have another car at another dealership that you're interested in. Competition can be a good thing.

Last edited by mcate; 07-31-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:55 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mcate
X-Plan is like a friends & family type plan. I get it because I'm a member of DAV. There are several ways to get it, though. X-Plan price is usually just slightly over dealer invoice, like a couple hundred bucks.
You won't seem desperate, you'll seem interested. Nothing wrong with letting them know you're interested, but still thinking about it.
It also never hurts to have another car at another dealership that you're interested in. Competition can be a good thing.
Thanks again mcate. Just did a search and found an x-plan pin is available to MCA members. Seemed to be some debate as to how much savings though exactly as you said. In my case, the deal I had was probably the same or better. I am actually working with 2 dealers about 80 miles apart and both about 40 miles from home.

Really appreciate the quick help and support. I miss this forum and members more than my Mustang! Hopefully will be an owner again soon...
Old 07-31-2012, 07:29 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

truthfully, I'm surprised you're still finding 12's. they are rare as hell in my area, nothin' but 13's here.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:44 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Maybe not talk to them for a few days and wait for them to call you (assuming they have your number). Make them feel like youre indecisive
Old 07-31-2012, 08:40 PM
mcate
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rogan01
Thanks again mcate. Just did a search and found an x-plan pin is available to MCA members. Seemed to be some debate as to how much savings though exactly as you said. In my case, the deal I had was probably the same or better. I am actually working with 2 dealers about 80 miles apart and both about 40 miles from home.

Really appreciate the quick help and support. I miss this forum and members more than my Mustang! Hopefully will be an owner again soon...
The more options the car has, the more you save with X Plan. It's based on markup, & options tend to have higher markup. Our '12 GT/CS has automatic & Nav, & we saved approx $3000 with the plan. (We also got a $3500 rebate)
Also, local banks usually have better considerably interest rates then FMCC. Make sure to have the dealer get you the best rate. Good luck with your purchase!

Quick Reply: So I missed the end of the month...