Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 V6 ROUSH Exhaust - My Testimony

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 01:41 PM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

Talking 2011 V6 ROUSH Exhaust - My Testimony (VIDEO)

If you're here for the sound, watch my compilation video http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsk...-roush-exhaust

I'm guilty of it, searching around looking for the best exhaust, asking TONS of noob questions. So, I decided to just write-up a little testimony to hopefully end the same question being asked over and over from other people without any definite answers

Day 1 (day before driving to Panama City Beach): FedEx is slow as **** where I live and delivered the exhaust at about 5:45 PM (my uncle's shop closes at 6 ) So lets just say I was like all night anxious for morning!

Day 2 (same morning as vacation): I wake up at about 7:30, get to the shop so my uncle can install the ROUSH Exhaust before he has to clock in (so it was free of charge). As soon as I started the car I immediately had to change shorts I didn't really play too hard because the damn road I live on is flooded with cops and the station is right by the shop where I got these installed. So I left it running when I pulled into the driveway so my mom could come here it. This is where I was nervous because she knows cars, and she knows good sound (and while searching around I was worried how the GF would like it but we broke up since then lol). My dad, eh I didn't care what he thought, I'm sure to him it was just another $450 that could've been spent elsewhere haha. Anyways, she heard it rumbling as soon as she opened the garage door and pretty much fell in love with it (phew! thank god.) She immediately wanted to ride in it and the whole time she's just like "Wow" "Wooh" and laughing havin' fun. At this point I haven't heard a high RPM rev yet, so I decided to drop it into neutral (yes, automatic) and rev it. FUHHHHHKK THAT'S NICE! Mom just gave me that look like "Omg you're crazy but I love it!" So that's enough playing around, time to hit the road. 350 miles to Panama City Beach! Highway drone: Not as bad as people say. Keep in mind it hasn't even had ANY time to break in yet. I had the music on at about the 5th or 6th little notch level and it was fine. That's low volume and couldn't hardly hear the drone at 75 MPH. So if you're worried about the drone, no worries. You'll get used it and when it breaks in, it gets more and more unnoticeable. So we get to Panama and I would take the car here and there to go to the store and such and you can see people's heads turning (I never noticed it much around town where I live, and my car has a bit of tasteful appearance to it). Not many chicks yet. Haven't seen any yet.

Saturday night: Okay here's where the exhaust fun really began! If you don't know what Panama City Beach is like, its tall hotels, long strip, overpasses between hotels and car garages (lots of fun ), and chicks. EVERYWHERE. Me and my cousin hit the strip from about 8-10 and holy s***.... I didn't know chicks acted this way haha. They would initiate the rev or quick pull by screaming "WOOH!", so I'd rev, and then you'd hearing their panties droppin and screaming "WOOOOOHHHH!!!!!!!" hella loud just freaking the F*** out like . Mkay I love this exhaust, A LOT! That happened on MULTIPLE occasions while driving the strip and countless (I LOVE YOUR CAR!) remarks. Whenever I got between buildings a couple times, I would drop it into neutral and rev just for my own sake of hearing the exhaust and man, I swear it sounds like and exotic car (good thing?) of some sort when it's in the high RPMs, of course not as loud as an exotic but it's up there. I can't really explain it that well what it sounds like but it's kinda amazing haha

I just quickly searched for an exotic car in a car garage to kinda get the unique sound but it remembered I saw these guys doing it with the ROUSH exhaust, this is what it sounds like between buildings in Panama. So nasty!

Back on track. So we leave Panama and I can tell the drone is already more unnoticeable on the highway, or maybe I just got used to it. We had to hit a tunnel on the way back (idk why we didn't hit it on the way there?..) but we enter the tunnel, time to play. Sounded so freakin amazing. If I could drive through a tunnel everyday with this car, I would! F***. Mmmmm.

I get back to my home city and dropped by where I work where my best friend works and showed him the exhaust. Driving around with it I got the "WOW THATS SEXYYYY" from chicks when I went through a subdivision. The hell? I thought that only happened in Panama! Haha so that just goes to show, the sound helps turn those heads.

Here's my video compilation of idle, take off, and full throttle in the car and such.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsk...-roush-exhaust

You HAVE to watch it in HD and possibly with headphones in to get anywhere close to what the exhaust sounds like. Camera does no justice!

First clip, just an idle recording. In person it sounds epic. Very deep rumble!

Second clip, revs and take off. Not that great of a video, the wind was messing with me that day. Yes, in the higher RPM it does seem to sound raspy, but it honestly doesn't sound as bad as the camera makes it out to be in person. It's again very nice and it has the snap crackle pop which is awesome xD

Third clip, yes my mom is driving so I could record. I could tell she was having too much fun. She was begging me to let her drive it for a few days on vacation haha. Side story: I wasn't recording at the time, but she took it around the block and I thought she was gonna come back a different way, but she found a trick in the condo neighborhood we stayed at and came a different way than I expected so I wasn't prepared, but about a block or so away between the condos, she revved the F*** out of it and I was like woah there's a sick car on the strip (about 2 blocks away) but the she came around the corner and I was jumping for joy 'cause I was like "OH S*** that was MY car?!!" haha

Fourth clip, I was just driving along side my buddy, we weren't racing. Although we have before and he drives a Grand Am Ram Air GT and got smoked! Not even a fair race really.

Bottom line, sounds beastly and mean at the low RPMs and at high RPMs it just screams like some sort of exotic car, still don't know if that's a good thing being it's an American car...lol but it's a lot of fun and I would DEFINITELY recommend it to anyone. This write-up was meant to help make a decision for someone looking into exhaust like I was. Let me know whatcha think of it! Thanks for taking the time to read this if you did

Last edited by bigD1515; 08-02-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:01 PM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

Okay I know I wrote a lot ^ You don't have to read it. Just comment regarding the sound if you want xD haha I'm interested to know feedback. Negative and positive welcome..
Old 08-02-2012, 09:16 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

It's nice that you are enjoying it. When I had my 2011 V6, I changed from the Flowmaster Thunder II to the Roush and loved it. After a while, the drone started to get annoying and I did not enjoy the raspiness.

Check out the Roush exhaust on my 2011 V6 and the Roush exhaust on my current 2012 GT.

[youtube]eeAPv-zz3cg[/youtube]

[youtube]Q1Yg9KiMSmo[/youtube]
Old 08-02-2012, 09:33 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

I gotta say.....I live in Panama City.....61 and married....the "chicks" holler at everybody....then laugh when the local law stops the offending car. My wife gets a good laugh at watching them.....lol

Glad you like the exhaust.....the drone would really get to me....and my last car, '07 GT vert ran straight pipes.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:37 AM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
It's nice that you are enjoying it. When I had my 2011 V6, I changed from the Flowmaster Thunder II to the Roush and loved it. After a while, the drone started to get annoying and I did not enjoy the raspiness.

Check out the Roush exhaust on my 2011 V6 and the Roush exhaust on my current 2012 GT.
Yeah Jimmy I've seen a lot of your videos! I honestly can't wait until the 50th Anniversary so I can get me a GT. Nothing like that sound at all! Mmmmm

Originally Posted by AzPete
I gotta say.....I live in Panama City.....61 and married....the "chicks" holler at everybody....then laugh when the local law stops the offending car. My wife gets a good laugh at watching them.....lol

Glad you like the exhaust.....the drone would really get to me....and my last car, '07 GT vert ran straight pipes.
Haha yeah it happened quite often on Saturday night when Pier Park was packed. The law wasn't too bad down there. Atleast at this time of year. Saw them ONCE and it was because someone in a brand new Charger wasn't paying attention and creamed the back of a Hummer. I wonder if girls on the side of the road was the reason 0_o haha!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:47 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Sounds really good! Congrats on finding the right exhaust for you. It sounds very similar to my 2010 V6 on high RPMs.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:37 AM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Antonio323
Sounds really good! Congrats on finding the right exhaust for you. It sounds very similar to my 2010 V6 on high RPMs.
Thanks Antonio!
Old 08-03-2012, 02:43 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

bigD1515,

Congrats on the new Roush Exhaust! I'm glad you're enjoying the new growl of your Mustang. Selecting the perfect exhaust for yourself is one of the hardest things to do sometimes!

So what's next on the mod list? Hope you're enjoying your Bama tune too!

Shane
Old 08-03-2012, 03:37 PM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
bigD1515,

Congrats on the new Roush Exhaust! I'm glad you're enjoying the new growl of your Mustang. Selecting the perfect exhaust for yourself is one of the hardest things to do sometimes!

So what's next on the mod list? Hope you're enjoying your Bama tune too!

Shane
Well let me fish through my email and see what's already on the way xD I just ordered the Stillen Chin Spoiler last night, just now installed the ROUSH side splitters, do you just wanna have my wallet?

Old 08-03-2012, 11:52 PM
NeverEnoughVA

Wow, I'm glad I watched that video. I had listened to a few sound clips and thought I wanted the Roush mufflers. Based on the sound clips that Roush has on their site, I thought it sounded good. But, after watching that, I'm going back to the drawing board. That is WAY too raspy and harsh sounding for me. Glad you are happy with it though, and thanks for posting that. You saved me from a $500 mistake.

Quick Reply: 2011 V6 ROUSH Exhaust - My Testimony