Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wasvette 06 GT 211,000 Report and........

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 07:32 AM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Default Wasvette 06 GT 211,000 Report and........

Many of you have been following these updates over the last few years. Now, at 211,000 this vehicle is still amazing. Only update besides oil changes (synthetic) and a coolant flush is new Nitto NT 555 tires.
Due to how much I drive it is time to start over with a 2013 Mustang 5.0 coupe. I realize it is hard to believe how many miles are on it but when you consider mostly high way miles, all synthetic fluids changed frequently (even trans with RP twice - way over kill), and all other maint like multiple fuel filters, 2 plug changes, etc. I suppose 211 on this 4.6 is not too bad. This will make a great car for someone. Thousands in mods. I just can't keep putting a thousand miles in a week on it.

PREVIOUS MILEAGE REPORTS HERE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, previous updates below. Just hit 199,250 and car is no different than at 100k. This car has made me a Ford believer; enough to get a 2003 Lightning with 9,900 miles at purchase a month ago. I have nothing to report since 177,777 except oil changes, cleaning the steeda filter, and a fuel filter. Clutch still tight and original. No other issues. Not one person that has seen this car can believe it has more than 20k on it. God bless Ford.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually 177,519 but I like the sound of the 177,777 and it will hit that this week anyway. Below are actual updates between 165,000 and 177,000; below dotted line is previous 165k update. Still no issues with the car except routine maintenance.

Since 165K
>>> 3 synthetic oil changes
>>> Coolant flush / fill
>>> A/C check - all good
>>> Had a knock when turning left - motor mount was loose; replaced (1) upper strut mount and (2) front lca unnecessarily. Pascal saved me before replacing more parts.

Still on OE clutch and starter - so, sorry to report, no dramatic 177,777 update to report. This car is so reliable it's boring, but that works.

-----------------------------------165 k old update--------------------------------------------------

Many of you have seen the past posts documenting this vehicle from about the 100,000 mile mark. For the newcomers, it is a 2006 GT delivered new to me in Sept 2005. It has many mods (see sig) but no F.I. This is the best, most reliable car I've ever owned and I usually don't keep a car passed 60K. Car hasn't seen the dealer in about 2 years. Below is the recap with some updated routine maintenance.......How long will she go and is there another S197 out there of any year with more miles?

Ford Service
>>> Fuel Pump - had replaced as a preventative measure due to TSB
>>> Rear end whine - repaired early under warranty - bad clutch pack
>>> Coolant flush/fill
>>> Airbag recall - haven't had done

Maintenance By Me
>>> Approx 33 synthetic oil changes since 2k
>>> Multiple fuel filters
>>> Serpentine belt Twice as preventative measure
>>> Clean air filter
>>> Cabin filter
>>> RP fluid in trans (once) and rear diff
>>> Hawk Brakes/slotted rotors at about 125K?
>>> 4 sets of tires + oe
>>> Optima yellow top battery
>>> Spark plugs at 105k - tsb to the letter - no breakage
>>> Alternator at 155,000
>>> Added about 6 oz of radiator fluid the other day
>>> Couple tail light bulbs

Has not been done
>>> Starter
>>> Anything AC
>>> Clutch

Observations
>>> Steering rack still tight like new
>>> Runs perfectly (and strong)
>>> No smoke
>>> Uses about 1/4 quart oil after 5,000 miles
>>> EVERYTHING on the car still works

Clutch is still stock and tight. Burns virtually no oil between changes if any.
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by ODDYSEY; 08-04-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:51 AM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Awesome - glad to hear it went so well. If I were after this car, my first Q would be: What's all the oil looking residue on the tail pipes? The pic that shows the rear suspension/chunk.

Other than that, this car is sharp and looks as good as a 80K miles car. GOOD JOB!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:08 AM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
Awesome - glad to hear it went so well. If I were after this car, my first Q would be: What's all the oil looking residue on the tail pipes? The pic that shows the rear suspension/chunk.

Other than that, this car is sharp and looks as good as a 80K miles car. GOOD JOB!
Thanks for the feedback! and for taking the time to review the ad! - yes, I noticed it too. It's not any fluid from the car. This car has 0 leaks (and never has) Can't even say that about my wife's Buick Enclave which has had oil and coolant leaks! It's strange, like something from the road discolored it. If you rub your finger on it nothing even comes off. Leaving the pic up because there is no issue.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:36 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

I'm putting 400 miles a week on my car... I hope mine looks as good as yours does when she reaches that many miles.

Good luck with the sale and don't forget to post obligatory pics of the 2013 when you get it...

Don
Old 08-03-2012, 08:38 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I think that interior is still cleaner than mine.. stupid previous owners.. I actually might tell my dad about your car, you live in Ga, so do I. He wants a Mustang really bad since I got mine. Lol.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:08 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Car looks great for that mileage (for any mileage actually! lol). You can really tell that you took care of the vehicle. Please don't take offense to this as I mean this in the nicest way possible but 15k for a Mustang with 210k miles? I don't see that one happening. I got my '06 for 17k with 30k on the odometer.

Last edited by bakerjd; 08-03-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:20 AM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
Yeah I think that interior is still cleaner than mine.. stupid previous owners.. I actually might tell my dad about your car, you live in Ga, so do I. He wants a Mustang really bad since I got mine. Lol.
Zpounds - Once your Dad looks at it and drives it he's done - it is quick, tight like new, and handles amazingly. I still get comments on this car at gas stations. With the subtle exterior mods and no emblems some have trouble figuring out what kind of mustang it is. I have documentation of all service not done by me and hand written docs for when I have changed the oil, etc the last 7 years. I love cars so it has been babied.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:25 AM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Car looks great for that mileage (for any mileage actually! lol). You can really tell that you took care of the vehicle. Please don't take offense to this as I mean this in the nicest way possible but 15k for a Mustang with 210k miles? I don't see that one happening. I got my '06 for 17k with 30k on the odometer.
Bakerjd - No offense taken! Like I said all "reasonable" offers will be considered. I understand the mileage thing for sure but I would be more leery of buying one with 110k for $15k from a dealer not knowing anything at all about the maint history. With synthetic (RP and others) from practically 1500 miles, I think this engine is good for a while. I would have listed for a lot less if I didn't think so.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:26 AM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by bakerjd
+1

A 06 GT w/ 140k miles sold here for 8k.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:28 AM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1slow67
+1

A 06 GT w/ 140k miles sold here for 8k.
That's the beauty of a market economy...the market will decide what's it's worth to some one.

Quick Reply: Wasvette 06 GT 211,000 Report and........