Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Mustang GT Dashboard Removal (top)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 06:34 PM
kdxracer

Originally Posted by artsvettes73
This is BS you don't have to remove the windshield. Remove the dash from the car and then you have access to screws that hold the top on. You made a lot of work for yourself if you removed the windshield. And even if you did you couldn't reach all the screws necessary to remove the top.
I see you are still active Art, is it still a major hassle to remove the top? I am trying to access the top screw of the blend door actuator behind the instrument cluster. I have most of the dash torn out now. I thought if I could get that top out of my way I could get to that screw. It is conveniently hidden behind the air tube feeding the left vent opening.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:14 AM
artsvettes73
2nd Gear Member

From what I have read the blend door actuators are removed from underneath the dash. Tight but do able with the right tools.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:26 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by artsvettes73
This is BS you don't have to remove the windshield. Remove the dash from the car and then you have access to screws that hold the top on. You made a lot of work for yourself if you removed the windshield. And even if you did you couldn't reach all the screws necessary to remove the top.

Yeah when I read that I thought that is a lot of unnecessary work! Who would remove their windshield to get the dashboard out???

Old 09-02-2019, 01:42 PM
MRS197

Default Try this before removing the dash

I was about ready to start removing pieces but I knew I wanted to try this first and sure enough it worked!!! I was in a similar situation except I had a parking pass tag slide down the crack...surely this can work for a credit card or any other piece of paper/plastic.

i took a metal wire hanger and cut in half then straightened it out. On one end I wrapped around (packing) tape with the sticky side out. -Gone fishin’ - lol the wire hanger is small enough to slide down the crack and you can swipe back and fourth hoping for a bite. I found my tag in the left hand corner and it wasn’t too far down...idk about 4-6”. Sucker stuck right to it! Just make a quick swipe in one direction and pull it out that way you don’t lose it. If I didn’t get this I would’ve been taking the hole thing apart! Phew! If packing tape doesn’t work then I would try gorilla tape or duct tape before I resorted to dash removal. Hope this helps anyone in need and thank you anyway for posting the removal directions/locations.

Originally Posted by wayne613
I'd just yank the console completely. Instead of pulling it out all the way, just pull it forward enough to get at what he's after. It's a seriously painful undertaking in either case, but likely cost you less time and effort than that way...

Directions to remove dashboard:
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=461&viewfil...nt%20Panel.pdf

My old thread:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...h-removal.html