Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S197 Door trim falling off!!!?

Old 08-06-2012, 04:19 PM
swahler1

Default S197 Door trim falling off!!!?

Hey guys,
I recently visited my Ford dealer to replace my battery and to fix the leather trim (which i hear falls off most mustangs). My premium-care warranty that I got with the SGT less than two years is still effect and should of covered the battery ad the doors. After 7 hours of waiting all they managed to do was change the battery, and instead of paying the 100$ deductible, (like they said i would) I was charged 145 for a battery AFTER they installed it. So pretty much they wanted more $$$ for a battery and the doors, when both should of been replaced under warranty.
I pretty pissed with them and don't really want to go back to pay an extra 100$ for the door trim to be glued back on.

So I'm wondering if it is possible to do the work my self?
the leather is "bubbled out" but has not peeled revealing the door yet.

Last edited by swahler1; 06-20-2014 at 09:33 PM. Reason: update to problem
Old 08-06-2012, 04:24 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Never heard of a warranty covering a battery. As for the trim, not sure about that. Is it detailed in the warranty agreement? I would read that over before forking over my money.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:29 PM
bigblue95z
2nd Gear Member

Unless it's the Bumper-to-bumper coverage from the factory, they're prob not coving the door. That is 'normal wear and tear'. Same with the battery... It isn't considered a mechanical part.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:15 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Is this your trim problem

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...gging-fix.html
Old 08-07-2012, 03:14 AM
Rockmonster

which door trim? the window trim on the exterior of my 2011 is constantly popping out. taking it into ford to have it replaced.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:23 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by americaniron
I just read that entire thread and I don't even have leather panels..lol It's a good read and a really good how-to.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

+1 on the door panel fix located in the 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section.

Anyone that has had a battery replaced as a warranty item should have played the lottery that day since batteries are NOT typically considered a warranted item (unless there is a well-dcoumented defect associated with it).
Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Crappy thing is that the OP paid a "deductible" of $145 battery that likely could have been replaced for under $90 at a local auto parts store for a similar or better battery than the OEM Motorcraft battery...
Old 08-07-2012, 11:31 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rockmonster
which door trim? the window trim on the exterior of my 2011 is constantly popping out. taking it into ford to have it replaced.
I'm having this issue on the passenger side too.. Wants to come up with the damn windows if I put it down..
Old 08-09-2012, 10:19 PM
swahler1

yea
I figured that the battery wasn't covered before I went, However, when I first talked to the service guy he had no problem filling out a repair sheet and service number to get the work done UNDER WARRANTY, seeing so because I bought the car used at Orlando Ford less than 2 years ago with a Motorcraft battery. So he implied to me that it would only be 100$ for a deductible but THEN i had realized that if i payed that deductible, when I come back to fix the door trim, it would be another 100$ (deductible).

So i arranged to come in the following Monday to get all the work done for ONE deductible of 100$. So, after dropping off my car at 7am, and a ride home, I called back 7 hours later and he the service girl said "sorry, but the doors aren't covered under warranty". Calling back I spoke to the service guy helping me and he said, " The guy who fixes the door trim is on vacation for the week" and "also the battery isn't under warranty, so its gona cost you 145 for the battery and install."
If that were the case, i would of just saved my 145 and 7 hours of my time and changed the battery myself (for much cheaper) as he said it would be the previous visit when i was going to replace the battery alone.

So after a long weekend jump starting my car, waking up much earlier than i normally do, (that's usually when i go to sleep), driving to Ford and leaving my car all damn day, all they managed to do it change a battery.

7 hours.
For Ford to change a battery..
For 145 dollars...
AFTER telling me it was under warranty and that I only needed to pay a deductible.

So they pretty much screwed me out of my $1900 Premium care warranty covered for 3 years. Just to save them selves some $$ and to make some more $$

I love my Shelby, I just can't ****ing stand the dealers.

And as for the door trim, I'm talking about the "leather piece" on the center of the S197's. I hear a lot of them start to peal (especially in this Florida heat) and that its glue that fails on the back of it. Good thing it isn't pealing off and hanging yet (just bubbling)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S197 Door trim falling off!!!?