Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for advice regarding larger wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 09:04 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
the Roush 20's are 1 of the few 20" rims that i like.
I'm the same way... I always hoped to score a set of the Brembo OE wheels, thinking 19" was the largest I wanted, but when this set came available I had to really adjust my perceptions... I'm still on the fence, depending on what the shipping will cost... plus I'm still trying to wrap my head around the prices for the 20" tires... Once I decide to jump on these, that will be the next major thread... What tires to go with... LOL...

Don
Old 08-07-2012, 09:17 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
I'm the same way... I always hoped to score a set of the Brembo OE wheels, thinking 19" was the largest I wanted, but when this set came available I had to really adjust my perceptions... I'm still on the fence, depending on what the shipping will cost... plus I'm still trying to wrap my head around the prices for the 20" tires... Once I decide to jump on these, that will be the next major thread... What tires to go with... LOL...

Don

buy them and lets trade
Old 08-07-2012, 09:36 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

hmmm.. I have seen these rims before.... where was it? Oh yeah.. on my car.

3 words for you.. Road Force Balance. Expect it, demand it, pay for it. When you hit the 20's, balancing is a bitch. The RFB will take care of it and no vibration. Now you just need some 14 inch rotors to fill the space.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:42 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

look here..

Old 08-07-2012, 09:53 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

I think the Roushes will really look good!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:53 PM
S19706
2nd Gear Member

Looks will improve and tire choices are much more array then 19's. ride comfort will suffer but not too much and did i mention that looks will improve... Go for it
Old 08-07-2012, 10:08 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Will the ride suffer dramatically? This is my DD and I am on the road 80 miles per day round trip (80% hwy). I drive 104 miles round trip daily.. no issues

Will the larger wheels/tires affect the performance of the car negatively, both acceleration and handling? improve it, handling anyways

Will the stock suspension be reduced able to handle the additional unsprung weight of the larger wheels? no clue, i dont have stock suspension

This is about to be a significant amount of cash and don't want to make a mistake by doing it. You aren't

Thanks,
Don
Old 08-07-2012, 10:10 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

P.S. I was going to change my avatar again but your post in another thread would make no sense then so I am withholding...lol
Old 08-07-2012, 10:28 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
P.S. I was going to change my avatar again but your post in another thread would make no sense then so I am withholding...lol
Sorry bro... LOL
Old 08-07-2012, 11:47 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas

I do have one more question for now... I currently have a Saleen grille and with me looking at purchasing these Roush wheels, will I be a douche, err, a bigger douche, for mixing Saleen and Roush for my exterior mods? What do you folks think?

Thanks,
Don
I only wanted to comment on this part, so here it is...been there done that...just know you HAVE to call it a Mutt-Stang from here on out! LOL!

ok...i lied...i went to a 20 on my pony, the driving factor being the lack of any decent looking rims in 19" that cleared the Brembos. Not into all the euro 10-spoke style rims out there, so it was difficult finding something that really fit the car, but i love what i got, no regrets. Agreed also with OP, got to do both (lower & wheels) or it just wont look right

Quick Reply: Looking for advice regarding larger wheels...