Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog lights are bad????

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 01:10 PM
SKTER97
1st Gear Member

Default Fog lights are bad????

Took my car to my local dealer this morning, small dealer, they told me my fog lights need replaced is the reason they dont work, they told me that they are hard to replace and they have to take to front bumper off completely, my car is a new 2013 gt, i need some help on this are they correct or should i take my car to a bigger dealer two hrs away, i just dont want them to screw anything up!!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:16 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Foglights are easy to install, and can be done w/o removing the front bumper, however that does make it an easier task with it off (It takes all of 10 minutes to take it off with 2 people..). Done by a dealer - foglights should take all of an hour to fully install (Heck the full install of fog lights on to a car without them, including the replacement switch panel in the cockpit and all the wiring, takes only about an hour or so).

What is your concern here - that they will have to take the front bumper off? (These things clip on, it's not a big deal - most cars bumpers these days 'clip' on and come off quite easily)

Fog Lights are not hard to replace (or install from scratch, it's on my shortlist to-do myself), unless something changed drastically from the 10-12 to the 13, which I guess is possible since the bumper changed slightly - either way even if it needs the bumper off on the 13, this is a quick job to complete for a competent dealer.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:17 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Taking the front bumper off isn't a big task; pretty easy to do. They should be able to perform it without incident IMO...
Old 08-09-2012, 03:01 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Is this warranty work if so let em have at it. Just thoroughly check the car over at the dealership before and after they have it to note any damaged to the body, if any.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:27 PM
SKTER97
1st Gear Member

thanks, i had it ther this morning and they said they could not find nothing wrong with the relay or what was going on, and that they would have to take the front bumper off to investigate more, so idk lol, they told me that they would need the car for the entire day!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:29 PM
SKTER97
1st Gear Member

the entire day on monday to try and fix the problem, sounds a little weird to me, may just have to bit the bullet and take it to a competent dealer tho which is almost two hours away!!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 PM
bones302
2nd Gear Member

this is a 13, so may not be as easy to get to the grille as it is for a 10-12. I wouldn't worry about them taking off the front fascia.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't judge a dealer by size personally, but by their mechanics...either way, you're vehicle is under warranty man, get them to do it.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:07 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

I'm sure they want the entire day to work on for the simple reason that while they may start working on your car first thing in the morning, another car might roll in to get fixed that is not warranty (instead paid by customer) so your car might get pushed to the back burner for a little while... Warranty work pays less per job than standard paid labor... Happens at just every dealership service department for the most part, regardless of manufacturer.

Don
Old 08-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

They need a whole day for when they scratch and dent the front end, their body shop can take a WHACK at it.

Quick Reply: Fog lights are bad????