Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed Tuned m90 = F yes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 03:05 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Default Brenspeed Tuned m90 = F yes!!!

I have had a tune from JDM which was very good since I installed the m90 20 months ago.. It was smooth and fast no doubt. But it did have two things that bothered the sh*t out of me. Once a month at cold start up it would throw a signal stuck rich cel. And second, it would set off the blinking O/D light now and then. Everybody whom has cams with an auto knows this is just a pulse rate thing with the trans. Easily fixed with a proper tune. I decided to give Brenspeed a try with a new tune cause I had such great service with them with my N/A tunes and they are now Roush dealers. Brett asked that I move the MAF from the JDM CAI location to the stock Roush location in the black tube. I moved it which was no big deal. I got my new tune and then could not get the SCT to communicate with my PC. Well after countless nights after work getting frustrated I finally had a buddy talk me through the steps and we finally got the new firmware loaded, then loaded my 2 new tunes into the SCT and into the car.

Pulled out of the driveway and slightly goosed the throttle.....my neck snapped back as the rear wheels scrubbed off some rubber..... ....I wasnt expecting that! Talk about throttle response, I was stoked. Drove the car all weekend and I am ecstatic on how good it drives. Car feels like it has more torque off the line and overall throttle response is improved. My car now feels like it has a throttle cable not a drive by wire. Its a huge improvement.

I also got a second tune, one that will allow me to run slower and let me dial in my bracket easier at the track. I run the 12.9 bracket and slowing down to that has been a whole lot of braking and partial throttle runs. I will see how it works this weekend as our August race is on Saturday. I tried this tune on the roads this weekend and it worked perfectly. Car just feels slower.....actually feels quite slower. I prefer the ***** out tune for my daily driving. I mean who doesnt like to hear those tires squeel and chirp by accident on their commute to work!

Made a little video to document the new tune. Idle is around 850/920 but when you put it in drive it drops a hundred and has the nasty cam lope tone......I love it. If you listen with headphones you will get a more true sound experience. The computer speakers just dont produce the low bass tone my exhaust has.

Props to Brenspeed for another really satisfied customer. Now if I win a Wally this weekend, well you racers know how cool that will be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlk_8...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by 808muscle; 08-14-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 AM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
I have had a tune from JDM which was very good since I installed the m90 20 months ago.. It was smooth and fast no doubt. But it did have two things that bothered the sh*t out of me. Once a month at cold start up it would throw a signal stuck rich cel. And second, it would set off the blinking O/D light now and then. Everybody whom has cams with an auto knows this is just a pulse rate thing with the trans. Easily fixed with a proper tune. I decided to give Brenspeed a try with a new tune cause I had such great service with them with my N/A tunes and they are now Roush dealers. Brett asked that I move the MAF from the JDM CAI location to the stock Roush location in the black tube. I moved it which was no big deal. I got my new tune and then could not get the SCT to communicate with my PC. Well after countless nights after work getting frustrated I finally had a buddy talk me through the steps and we finally got the new firmware loaded, then loaded my 2 new tunes into the SCT and into the car.

Pulled out of the driveway and slightly goosed the throttle.....my neck snapped back as the rear wheels scrubbed off some rubber..... ....I wasnt expecting that! Talk about throttle response, I was stoked. Drove the car all weekend and I am ecstatic on how good it drives. Car feels like it has more torque off the line and overall throttle response is improved. My car now feels like it has a throttle cable not a drive by wire. Its a huge improvement.

I also got a second tune, one that will allow me to run slower and let me dial in my bracket easier at the track. I run the 12.9 bracket and slowing down to that has been a whole lot of braking and partial throttle runs. I will see how it works this weekend as our August race is on Saturday. I tried this tune on the roads this weekend and it worked perfectly. Car just feels slower.....actually feels quite slower. I prefer the ***** out tune for my daily driving. I mean who doesnt like to hear those tires squeel and chirp by accident on their commute to work!

Made a little video to document the new tune. Idle is around 850/920 but when you put it in drive it drops a hundred and has the nasty cam lope tone......I love it. If you listen with headphones you will get a more true sound experience. The computer speakers just dont produce the low bass tone my exhaust has.

Props to Brenspeed for another really satisfied customer. Now if I win a Wally this weekend, well you racers know how cool that will be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlk_8...ature=youtu.be
That's good to hear. They do a great job. Your car sounds really good.

I had Bama tunes in my car since I've had it. It ran good with the DR cams and other mods. I decided also to try a Brenspeed tune. Wow, didn't know what I was missing till I got it. The car is SO MUCH smoother now! Even cold starts it's really smooth. Just about better than stock! I was surprised at the difference, and it's definitely a little stronger, all the way to redline.

Props Brenspeed from this customer as well!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:09 AM
davisr014
2nd Gear Member

great sound
Old 08-14-2012, 11:36 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Brenspeed gets it done for sure, thanks Son.

Davis, just noticed your on Oahu. It would be nice to see how far your ride gets into the 11's....too bad the super ferry is gone.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:11 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

the car sounds great and i'm glad brenspeed set you up
with a great tune.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:32 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

+1 for Brenspeed!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:11 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

and I remember you always told me JDM JDM JDM since I was literally 30 mins from them lol!!

Glad you like your brenspeed tune! I loved my JDM tune also, but I know what you mean about the throttle response. My first mod was a JLT CAI and Bama tune on that car, and the throttle response was neck snapping than I went and added about 100rwhp and it had less throttle response with the JDM tune. Thats all in the tuning though, Jim can tune for a more sensitive throttle I'm sure.

What made you never give VMP a try? Justin and Jim are the M90 pro's
Old 08-14-2012, 07:07 PM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

sounds nasty mean i like it a lot!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:14 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Sounds awesome!!! I too have brenspeed tunes and love them. I will stick with them especially since they r local
Old 08-14-2012, 11:43 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
and I remember you always told me JDM JDM JDM since I was literally 30 mins from them lol!!

Glad you like your brenspeed tune! I loved my JDM tune also, but I know what you mean about the throttle response. My first mod was a JLT CAI and Bama tune on that car, and the throttle response was neck snapping than I went and added about 100rwhp and it had less throttle response with the JDM tune. Thats all in the tuning though, Jim can tune for a more sensitive throttle I'm sure.

What made you never give VMP a try? Justin and Jim are the M90 pro's
Very good question. Having an auto its very important to to have whomever is tuning your car to be an auto expert. VMP tunes tons of Roush blower cars but I rarely see an auto tuned by them. I know JDM and Brenspeed are auto experts. My JDM tune is amazing except for the two little issues that would pop up. I didnt expect the throttle response to be so much more sensitive with the new tune. I had no idea it could get this good. I am very excited to see if this will improve my Pro tree reaction times at the track this weekend.

I have 3 spots in the SCT for tunes. I am very stoked at whats in there now.

Thanks for the props guys. I am enjoying this tune so much I havent had the stereo on all week. I can hear the lope of the cam at every stoplight. LOL The exhaust note has changed somewhat at throttle as well. There is less of the 3v popping now. Just sounds more old school muscle to me. Windows down and grinning all the way to work!

Last edited by 808muscle; 08-14-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Brenspeed Tuned m90 = F yes!!!