Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

22" Concave CV3s | Shelby GT 500 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 03:38 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Wow, I am pleasantly surprised how nice they look. Nice job!
Old 08-24-2012, 03:56 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Unlike everyone else, I'm not diggin it.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Its the color combo that does the trick. Had they been chrome or some other stand out color it would not look as good as they do. Nicely done Mike!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:44 PM
fedfireman
2nd Gear Member

They certainly don't LOOK bad. I love the style of wheel but I would imagine 22's are a terrible choice for anything other than taking sweet looking pictures.

I have to say I'm a little upset the tire selection is at least as good as it is for my 19's...
Old 08-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I'm not really digging it either, but... a side note. Vossen appears to be the only wheel manufacturer that visits the forums so just out of curiosity why don't you guys try and do a lightweight, performance yet stylish oriented wheel? Just my .02.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:48 AM
fedfireman
2nd Gear Member

You mean like true forged?
Old 08-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fedfireman
You mean like true forged?
Never really heard of True forged and a look at their complicated/difficult to navigate site leaves me a little disappointed. With that said... no specs on their wheels so not sure their weight/sizes to consider them being Performance oriented. As far as them being stylish, they aren't terrible but nothing really stands out to me either. Some pretty common patterns/designs but they do lack the gawdy rivet/whatever look common with those designs, so they do have that going for them.

I really don't know why companies don't advertise wheel weight on their product information, it's frustrating and trying to get that information from them is seemingly impossible.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:48 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

22's are still too big. If they were 20's, and had more sidewall, it'd look a lot better.

Just my random $.02. The design of the rim, and color combination with the car are great though.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:22 PM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Beautiful
Old 08-30-2012, 08:31 PM
fedfireman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Menace
Never really heard of True forged and a look at their complicated/difficult to navigate site leaves me a little disappointed. With that said... no specs on their wheels so not sure their weight/sizes to consider them being Performance oriented. As far as them being stylish, they aren't terrible but nothing really stands out to me either. Some pretty common patterns/designs but they do lack the gawdy rivet/whatever look common with those designs, so they do have that going for them.

I really don't know why companies don't advertise wheel weight on their product information, it's frustrating and trying to get that information from them is seemingly impossible.
I will admit, they are an elusive bunch. But if you do a google search you will find out they are custom built wheels by order. And are very light and performance oriented.

Quick Reply: 22" Concave CV3s | Shelby GT 500 Convertible