Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Brenspeed Roush Supercharger Package

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 03:01 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I agree with onederful get the gt500 fuel pump that way if u decide to move deeper into the build u won't have to worry about upgrading ur fuel pump. Brenspeed is a great company as I have dealt with them for all of my upgrades plus there local to me as well.

I grew up in the country near Warsaw. Where r u located
Old 08-21-2012, 03:48 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Default Quick question on slick/drag tire

Ignore this post my bad

Last edited by mighted1987; 08-21-2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Damn phone
Old 08-21-2012, 08:59 PM
palerider
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
I agree with onederful get the gt500 fuel pump that way if u decide to move deeper into the build u won't have to worry about upgrading ur fuel pump. Brenspeed is a great company as I have dealt with them for all of my upgrades plus there local to me as well.

I grew up in the country near Warsaw. Where r u located
I'm in Warsaw on big chapman.

I'm pretty confident that I won't be adding more after this. It's a vert and I don't plan on taking to strip. Just wanted something a little mor of a fun factor. I've got a 70 with a 347 stroker and the 2007 seems pretty anemic after driving that.

I don't think my wife and daughter will be stepping on it. They are both careful drivers and don't have a gear head bone in them. I just did want something that is too squirely to drive on a normal basis. Too bad there is not some way to test drive before hand.

I'm just debating now if I should hold off till holidays and see if any black Fridays specials.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:38 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

They have great deals on black Friday as I'm hoping to pick up the 302 for a discounted price
Old 08-22-2012, 12:24 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by palerider
I'm in Warsaw on big chapman.

I'm pretty confident that I won't be adding more after this. It's a vert and I don't plan on taking to strip. Just wanted something a little mor of a fun factor. I've got a 70 with a 347 stroker and the 2007 seems pretty anemic after driving that.

I don't think my wife and daughter will be stepping on it. They are both careful drivers and don't have a gear head bone in them. I just did want something that is too squirely to drive on a normal basis. Too bad there is not some way to test drive before hand.

I'm just debating now if I should hold off till holidays and see if any black Fridays specials.

if you just want something more squirely, and not going to take it to the track.
and you're basically stock with just axle backs.
i think you should start with CAI/tune, gears 4.10's will be squirely with the tune.
if you want a little more, add some LT's and cams
that will set you back somewhere under half the price of a SC, but get you a whole bunch more fun factor driving on the street compared to basically stock.
and much less without the cams and LT's.
the tune makes a huge difference in the autos.
my dad has a 08 auto GT, and after the tune the shifts are firmer and can chirp 3rd now.
and he only has CAI, o/r x and axle backs with the stock 3.31's.
i bet with 4.10's it would roast the tires. and with cams and LT's you could get into some trouble with that. lol.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:29 PM
smokievol
2nd Gear Member

I love my SC, but I maybe should have started with Tune and CAI. Maybe that would have been enough, sure would have saved bunch of money. Looking at cost of cams and LT's, plus issuses some have had with passing inspection and cam problems helped in my decision to go directly to SC and pass those other mods.

My wife thanks the Mustang is too loud and why she believes I am losing my hearing, so she doesn't like to drive it.
I will not let my daughters drive the Mustang, Period, way too dangerous for them.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:57 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

A lot of good points here. Why not the Roush M90? It's a lot more "oomph" than stock, but not so much that the car tries to kill you. It's not the blower that the TVS is, but enough power to keep it interesting.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

A torque convertor is a mod that gets over looked and shouldn't.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:46 PM
palerider
4th Gear Member

I was thinking about the m90 but for the cost seemed like was not getting much more than the newer stock gts. Just curious any need for the tuner once installed. Was thinking about maybe having brenspeed install. If the tuner is not needed after the mod thought I might be able to save a few bucks. You'd think they would have a tuner they can use. You guys are making me a little nervous about th driveability of this upgrade. I was hoping family can still use if they don't put their foot into it.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:38 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

My wife drives my car and it's a 11 sec 1/4 mile car. They just need to know to becarefull is all. My wife doesn't like to drive it bc of the torque it has but she still does. I know she likes the fact that if anyone pulls up beside her and thinks they can take her. That she can literally tear there masculinity away.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Brenspeed Roush Supercharger Package