Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about lower control arms

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 09:57 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I was just curious because the cheapest adjustable control arm is the BMR at $190, while the most expensive bracket is BMR's at $155. So, the brackets aren't more than the arms. Just wondering if you were looking at a site with crazy prices or something, lol. But AM is good. I spend TOO much time looking at things on there.

I'm going to buy their Whiteline pieces soon
Old 08-29-2012, 06:10 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

www.shopfreedomracing.com

I have his lower control arms. I like them and Tad is a great guy to deal with.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I am lowered using the Steeda Sport Springs, and I don't have the relocation brackets.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:34 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Menace
I am lowered using the Steeda Sport Springs, and I don't have the relocation brackets.
It's not a necessity to have brackets if you're lowered, they will still bolt up. It just doesn't function in the same manner as it should.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:34 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I strongly recommend UPR lower control arms.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...ushing-05.html

I've had three different sets of LCAs on my car in the past year and these are what I'm using now. They work really well, they're Made in America, they carry a Lifetime Guarantee, and UPR offers mf.com members a discount. You can't beat em!

I'm running these on my car with UPR's S197 Handling Package and my car has a ridiculous amount of grip in a straight line and in the corners. We're also running these same arms on our 2010 GT and the car runs 9.90 @ 133 in the quarter mile with a 1.35 60-foot time on street legal tires with no relocation brackets.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:38 PM
SKTER97
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad

I've had three different sets of LCAs on my car in the past year and these are what I'm using now. They work really well, they're Made in America, they carry a Lifetime Guarantee, and UPR offers mf.com members a discount. You can't beat em!

I'm running these on my car with UPR's S197 Handling Package and my car has a ridiculous amount of grip in a straight line and in the corners. We're also running these same arms on our 2010 GT and the car runs 9.90 @ 133 in the quarter mile with a 1.35 60-foot time on street legal tires with no relocation brackets.
2 questions, can i run these since my car is lowered without brackets, and do you also sell and adjustable panhard bar?
Old 08-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad

It's nice that UPR didn't do that spacer for the rear offset on the LCAs like Steeda. I'm not sure why they did that anyway... though if I ever change out LCA's I might get one that has grease fittings.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:59 AM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

I have steeda lower controls and lowering sport springs without relocation brackets. Car is fine. Yes they do help but I don't think it is that noticable. Had a long talk with steeda regarding this and they assured me that relocations weren't required they were suggested for optimum performance.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:14 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

you keep asking about brackets. Think of your axle as making a triangle with the car. As you lower the car you smoosh one end of the triangle. The relo brackets correct this.

You never NEED to run them.

IF your lowered you SHOULD run them.

IF you want the car to have more straight line traction and have more of a push up on the nose, transfer weight to the rear effect, you CAN run them.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:36 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

I have Steeda UCA and LCA's wheel hop kit, works great

Quick Reply: question about lower control arms