Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 month and couldn't fix my problem, can someone help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Tony_m

Originally Posted by hammeron
ok i think it's time to give the throttle body a good cleaning, there is
a brenspeed video on youtube that shows how to do it. seems to me
it is not a fuel related problem but air related.
I cleaned it inside out. Its a voltage problem as the fuel pump not getting exact voltage to produce power and deliver fuel on demand. Voltage fluctuates and cant reach more than 7V now. i gave it an external direct 12V straight from a battery and it pushed fuel normally (to a plastic gallon) and it was spinning too. When i plug the harness back it only kicks fuel (i hear and feel with my fingers) and it should be spinning not kicking.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:33 PM
prochargedGT
3rd Gear Member

Check the intake manifold for cracks. Had the same problem with my 03 and the intake manifold was cracked. Sprayed it down with carb cleaner at idle and a flame shot out of the back of it. Even if you think its a voltage problem it wouldnt hurt to try seeing as a can of carb cleaner is 3$.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:33 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tony_m

I logged battery voltage pid and it goes down to 10-11V on load, something is sucking power (here is the problem)
Your alternator is bad. I'd get both the battery and alternator tested. I'd just replace the alternator. It could pass the standard test, but still leak AC current.

You don't have any trouble codes?
Old 09-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Tony_m

Originally Posted by prochargedGT
Check the intake manifold for cracks. Had the same problem with my 03 and the intake manifold was cracked. Sprayed it down with carb cleaner at idle and a flame shot out of the back of it. Even if you think its a voltage problem it wouldnt hurt to try seeing as a can of carb cleaner is 3$.
I did a total vacuum leaks check with both carb cleaber and smoke machine, no leaks.. anything else in mind?
Old 09-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Tony_m

Originally Posted by prochargedGT
No codes lights on the inst cluster, but sct showed me P1048 2 days ago ehrn the car couldn't get over 4000 rpm
Old 09-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Tony_m

No codes lights on the inst cluster, but sct showed me P1048 2 days ago when the car couldn't get over 4000 rpm (it was 5500rpm 2 weeks ago)

The Alt id brand new PA 130amps + 4g wire, if it was deffected ahpouldnt it throw a code like the old Alt did to me?
On idle its 14.10v
I swapped to the old alt. today (that one use to throw codes when i put light, a/c / radio on) tried the car and didn't change anyhting.
I also installed a brand new battery with no results
Old 09-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Tony_m

Originally Posted by moosestang
Your alternator is bad. I'd get both the battery and alternator tested. I'd just replace the alternator. It could pass the standard test, but still leak AC current.

You don't have any trouble codes?
No codes lights on the inst cluster, but sct showed me P1048 2 days ago when the car couldn't get over 4000 rpm (it was 5500rpm 2 weeks ago)

The Alt id brand new PA 130amps + 4g wire, if it was deffected ahpouldnt it throw a code like the old Alt did to me?
On idle its 14.10v
I swapped to the old alt. today (that one use to throw codes when i put light, a/c / radio on) tried the car and didn't change anyhting.
I also installed a brand new battery with no results
Old 09-03-2012, 03:55 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Sorry, thought you had the stock alternator. Is the belt slipping? Something isn't right with the charging system. I'd check all the grounds really good, engine grounds, battery ground. There are at least two ground straps on the motor.

I'd change the fuel filter if you haven't all ready. Did you pull the vacuum hose off the fuel pressure regulator to see if there was fuel inside it. it should be dry.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:25 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

I was talking to someone that had the same type issue and it was a coolant issue, check the the temp sensor and coolant?
Old 09-03-2012, 04:30 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2cokeman
I was talking to someone that had the same type issue and it was a coolant issue, check the the temp sensor and coolant?
???? There's no coolant temp sensor. The pcm guesses on the coolant temp by looking at the head temp sensor.

How does a coolant issue cause the voltage to drop to 10-11v under load? 10 volts will barely keep the motor running.

Quick Reply: 2 month and couldn't fix my problem, can someone help please