Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock 2010 gt???

Old 09-04-2012, 03:42 PM
fishingfever
1st Gear Member

Default Stock 2010 gt???

hey guys... Got such good information from my first thread, thought i would write this up. I just purchased my 2010 gt about a month ago. Trying to find out exactly ehat the car has as it appears not to be completely stock. I may be wrong, but just feel like some things were upgraded.. Any comments or suggestions would be great. I'll list some things that i dont thik are stock and let me know what u think...

Borla exhaust----3 or 3.5 inch pipes. Also with x-pipe... Dont think this is stock???

Air filter says roush and it is not enclosed???

19" rims. Think its stock but was upgraded???

My other question is gearing. I dont believe i have 3.73's. Is there an eay way to tell?? Also, do you suggest 3.73 or 4.10's. I thought i saw a page that said putting it in sport mode changes the gearing... Dont think that could be true?? Also would ford install new gears or have o take to independent mechanic??

Almost sounds like gt premium from what i heard, but vin doesnt come up as one??

Any info would be great.. Should e fun thread.. And should help me learn about car.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Hamhole
1st Gear Member

If you can change the MyColor options to something other than the default Ice Blue, it's a GT Premium.

19" rims are an option for the 2010 GT.

I ordered my 5-speed stick GT from Ford with a 3.73 rear end. A 4.10 rear end would be appropriate for a racy automatic.

S-197 Mustangs come with H-pipes, not X-pipes, and certainly not Borlas.

Cold-air intake airboxes in 2010 GTs are definitely enclosed and are not Roush-branded. The CAI was new in 2010 to get a few more horses from 2009.

Last edited by Hamhole; 09-04-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

Post pictures, the borlas and the cai aren't stock.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:44 PM
fishingfever
1st Gear Member

So i def have a premium. Iknow for a fact that i can change the mycolor cuz when i bought it, the dash was a weird orange... As soon as i found out how, i changed it to ford blue.... Seats are also leather with stitching and looks like shifter was different from stock Exhaust i upgraded as i thought as well. Also has stibilizer, which i think is automatic when bigger rims are purchas. Def borla, and def is x-pipe...th dealer i bought it from probably didnt even know it was a premium package... Looks lik i got decent deal. As far a i kow, it shouldnt matter that air filter is exposed, anything i should worry about with it exposed? Now i just have to figure out gearing? I thought it would come up as premium on insurance, but i guess premium only stands for optional upgrades.....better for me....
Old 09-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Hamhole
1st Gear Member

If you get under the car and look at the rear axle housing, there is a metal tag attached to it that tells you what the gear ratio is.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:33 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I would say you scored dude! Congrats.....
Old 09-04-2012, 06:55 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Borlas are not factory. Neither is the x pipe. Roush intake is not factory unless it is a Roush.

To tell the gears you need to jack up the rear of the car, both wheels, make a mark on the drive shaft, spin the wheel one time, and count the amount of times that mark passes your point of view. If it makes 3 1/2 turns, it's 3.55 gears, 3 3/4 turns it's 3.73 gears, etc.

Premium model GTs have satin or carbon fiber trim across the dash in the interior. Has chrome dress ups across the interior, shaker 500 or 1000 stereo, leather seats, and will come with a handful of other upgrades depending on the dealer options chosen.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:45 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

There is a white small sticker on the cover that will tell you the gear ratio
Old 09-05-2012, 06:21 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2cokeman
There is a white small sticker on the cover that will tell you the gear ratio
Unless the gears have been swapped, then that sticker is probably wrong.

OP - It's probably a Roush Cold Air Intake. Which likely means it has an after market tune.

Jthorn9's instructions on the gearing are correct...I'd add that if it is 4.10 gears, the mark will pass 4 plus a little extra times....

Don't worry about the Roush cold air intake being exposed. They are designed that way. The only concern is that it will require periodic cleaning. If you look up how to clean and recharge a K&N air filter, pretty much the same way. Just no matter what, don't overoil the thing when you recharge it.

Definitely sounds like you scored man! Good for you!

Last edited by wcgman; 09-05-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:12 PM
fishingfever
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all the input guys.... Think its def premium with some upgrades.. Benefits of buying from bmw dealer...lol... And just to add to the convo, i purchased a month ago, and it only had 3000 miles.... Finally one point for me..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stock 2010 gt???