Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupidity Strikes Against....Volume 2....

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

If it was me, I'd go chill on the sidewalk in front of his business with a big sign that says, "These guys ruined my wheels and won't reimburse me...ask me about it."
Freedom of speech on public property!
Old 09-09-2012, 03:20 AM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

That sign doesn't mean **** mate. I got brand new rims out of our local car wash because they did the exact same thing. I'm kind of like you possibly and would've left it alone since the sign is there but luckily I had my mother with me at the time since we were going to lunch and she went to town. Year of free car washes I never used and brand new rims WITH tires. I was extremely satisfied.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:26 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Not all stock wheels are chrome, or safe against the product they used, so their sign is besides the point. Unfortunately it sounds like the poor wage worker just didn't know anything about wheels.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:14 PM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Wait - OP, is that a powdercoat job or new wheels? Your "drastic fix" looks mean as hell. While everyone else is talking Judge Judy and ****, I'm admiring the new look. Nice.

Seriously, IMO, looks way better than your avatar pic and sig pics.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:15 AM
FlyboyMustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by moochman4life
Wait - OP, is that a powdercoat job or new wheels? Your "drastic fix" looks mean as hell. While everyone else is talking Judge Judy and ****, I'm admiring the new look. Nice.

Seriously, IMO, looks way better than your avatar pic and sig pics.

Haha thanks man.

Nope its a double primer job with a rattle can haha. Kinda the same stuff as plasti dip just a little different

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-10-2012, 11:46 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

LOL @ the sign! Doesn't mean jack! Can't wait to see the new set of rims you have in the future! lol
Old 09-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Why would ANY place use something like acid to clean any part of a car let alone wheels?? I don't care how much of an expert they are. Acid around a car is just plain stupid. It etches that which it doesn't destroy, can eat the clearcoat on paint if even a drop gets somewhere...

Just plain stupid in general...
Old 09-10-2012, 12:42 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Give them the choice of either paying for new wheels, or for powder coating your current ones.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:52 PM
nolimits

Originally Posted by Stang8URMPRT
I'd have gone to small claims court. Any real attorney could destroy a little sign that says that. It doesn't relieve them of common sense. They clean wheels all day long. They are considered the EXPERTS. It is implied that they know what to use and what not to use on your vehicle surface.
small claims court does not use attorneys

If you're going to get the powdercoated anyway then get it done and save the receipt. Give the owner a chance to pay it and if he doesn't file a small claims. You can add the small claims filing fee to the case so it shouldn't cost you a dime. Judges like receipts. You'll stand a much better chance getting reimbursed for a repair then trying to get new wheels.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:58 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

It's not even my car and that pisses me off. If I were you, go back up there and confront him again. If he says no tell him you'll be back with your lawyer hahaha your wheels were clean, you brought them in, they come back out ruined. Not your fault whatsoever.

Quick Reply: Stupidity Strikes Against....Volume 2....