Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clarkson's take on mustang

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 10:01 AM
jtscuba02
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Clarkson's take on mustang

i am glad you caught that lol
Old 09-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

LOL... NO.. I am clearly NOT trying to say the M3 and the GT are in the same class... geezzzz... not at THOSE sort of price disparities they aren't. I had a 325ci convertible (44 grand).. and for fit and finish it blew my stang away.. but for performance my BMW absolutely SUCKED a BIG ONE. Which is what caused me to want to look for a car with some decent power... BMW Forced me to look away from BMW because anything above 250hp came with a ridiculous price tag. Audi was no better.

I wasn’t comparing BMW with FORD… that stupid writer was and I was pointing out that they aren’t the same car.

Actually - - when you think about it.. the Mustang is in a class all by itself - - well - - at least until GM and Crystlar decide to create some head to head competition for it.

AND.. I seriously doubt a melted bathtub with a Volkswagen motor on it is going to perform better and even our V6 mustangs will.. LOL

However… I believe if you invested 52 thousand into a Mustang GT Coupe in performance and luxury upgrades it absolutely could compete head to head with a BMW M5… You can do a LOT of crap to a car with 52 grand!
Old 09-28-2005, 01:31 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

This guy is an absolute moron. He can't even speak english properly.
From what I can determine from his assualt on the english language he's comparing the Mustang against cars that cost more than twice as much.
He completely misses the entire point of the Mustang. Ford, and Mustang are all about value. Building cars that, for the money, perform very well.
If he wasn't so obviosuly biased and compared the Mustang against other cars within it's price range he would discover that the Mustang out preforms nearly all of them and some of them by a huge margin.
This man is a narrow minded idiot.

I spent two months researching before I bought my 05 GT and it was without a doubt the best bang for my buck. As a die hard GM fan for many years I have been converted. GM makes nothing in this price range that even comes close. The 05, 06 Mustang is a perfect blend of styling, power, handling and comfort wrapped into a resonably priced package.
I am very happy with my Mustang and I could care less about the ramblings of an obviosly biased idiot who can't see past the end of his nose.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:40 PM
jtscuba02
2nd Gear Member

come on now, didnt you laugh about some of the stuff he said? i thought the article was funny.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Double Black

Typical British Snob!

He downs the Mustang to no end. Compares it to something more than twice as expensive then says he wants one.

Go figure. The British are a strange lot, but I personally find them pretty darn amusing.

I think they are still a bit upset about that whole American Revolution thing. He should just admit he is jealous of us Americans and our ability build a good fun car the average guy can afford.

Double Black
Old 09-28-2005, 09:40 PM
firemedix911
2nd Gear Member

There is no match for Mustang to M3. M3 has 333 hp 3.2 I6 not v6, That's 108hp/L output. Fully indenpedent suspension with aluminuim bodywork, big brakes, light weight(for the class), nice interior. I am not picking bimmer's side. But Mustang is not the same league as M3.
I habe to agree with you on that one. Now let's compare the all mighty m3 to the 03-04 cobra.
And what he said about the gti. Please dude give me a breake. that's a toy car compared to the stang's.