Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never thought it would happen to me!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 04:58 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Default Coming Home

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
Sorry for the bad news and I can agree that reading other threads put you in the mind state that it may not happen to you (only others) and the impact it has when you actually go through a similar experience. Damn dirt bags. People like us work hard everyday to have some of the good things in life while those Oxygen Theives ruin everything. Now that I have orders to be stationed back in the States, I'm a little worried about having a Stang (modified one at that) parked around fearing someone will cause some damage to it.

Good luck with the outcome, also, would your insurance cover this??
Good to hear your coming home! This car stealing thing is getting out of hand!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:06 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

That's awful. Hopefully it will be good as new once repaired. And you're right about parking your car away from others - it probably makes it more of a target. I do the same thing and now I'm wondering if that's such a good idea. You can't win either way since someone will certainly scratch the car in a parking lot. Good luck!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:29 AM
Jay_C123
2nd Gear Member

damm that really sucks. So sorry to hear and see this. Stuff like this always scares me that it'll happen to me one day. =/
I should Probably look into alarms i guess
Old 09-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Redfire6er
1st Gear Member

That's my biggest fear, someone messing with my car. All of the work we put into them, only to have some tard come along and ef it up. Some people are just born to be tool bags. I try to remind myself that it's only a car, and that's why I have Insurance, etc. Well, I hope that it all works out for you with the repairs and all.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:00 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Man, that's low.
Doesn't mean they were trying to steal the car but rather what was inside.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:07 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sethman29
Real quick... Does anyone know what would happen if they did catch the person? Would i be able to press charges or anything?
Glad your car is still yours - door handles can be replaced, a complete car you've made your own and has a space in your heart - much harder to replace..

If they were to link the prints to say, a repeat perp or someone already on record - then the perp is in deep do-do, insofar as a warrant would be put out for them. If they are not on record - then good luck until they are eventually caught - even then it's rare they go back and run old cases against new prints.

If they 'do' link the prints to someone and they can put their hands on him/her - yes that is attempted breaking and entering, vandalism (property damage under $X amount), and potentially attempted grand theft larceny - a felony.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:19 AM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

That just made my stomach turn, seeing those pictures. Like you say, parking out of the way, is usually best. But, who knows anymore. Cause that's what we try to do ourselves. I feel sick for you.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:23 AM
mfergel
2nd Gear Member

I had something similar happen years ago back in college. Come out to my car one morning (Customized NOVA). Find the core completely missing from one lock and the other one was completely scratched from where they tried to get it out. They never got in the car though. Area around the locks was completely scratched and dented. Pissed me off. Ended up having to hide the damage with those stick on protectors that you used to put around the door lock.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Stang8URMPRT
1st Gear Member

Sucks man. Hope they find the low lives and they end up in a cell with a huge black dude that goes by the name of Pounder.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:41 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

sorry man!

Quick Reply: Never thought it would happen to me!