Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New To Forum With Pricing/Option questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 10:50 AM
bud4ya

Default New To Forum With Pricing/Option questions

I am looking for some feedback or insight anyone can provide. I am in the market for a 2011-2013 Mustang GT Prem Coupe. I started looking used as I want the 19” wheels, 3.73 rear end and Brembo brakes. So with that said as you can imagine I am having a hard time finding one used in silver that has all those options. So that has led me to look new. I went on Ford and built one (2013 GT Prem Coupe) and the only option I want is the GT Track Package option which gives me items I mentioned above and bit more. The price came out to be $37,590.00 on the car.

So my questions are as follows what is a fair price to offer on one that needs to be ordered as described above. Ford now is offering $1,500 off. The base MSRP is $34,300 and then add in the $2495 for track package and $795 delivery that bring it to $37,590. So what would be a fair price to offer? I guess the number I would be working with is $36,090 which is $37,590-$1500 rebate. I just do not know what invoice pricing is. I was thinking about offering $32,900 OTD. Thoughts?

Also I have two to choose from local that are on the lot. The problem is they do not have the track package. The first one just has the Cali package with 19’s and is red. The other is Black and it has just the 3.55 rear end. Both dealers said they would let either one go at $32,250.00. I really like the Cali package but I guess I am more interested in the Track Package. The black one does have the 3.55’s but its does not have the brembos or the 19’s. Acceleration wise is there a huge difference in the 3.31, 3.55 and the 3.73’s?

Only reason I bring the cars up above is they are on the lot now so the dealer said they are more willing to work on price with one on the lot than ordering one which I get.

If there is not a huge difference in acceleration between the 3.55 and the 3.73 I may consider giving up the 19’s and Brembo’s. From what I am reading though the Brembo’s really help with better braking. This is where I am hoping I can get some real life feedback
Old 10-03-2012, 11:20 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

What are your plans for the car? If it's just to drive to work, around town, cruise, etc... then you don't really need Brembos. If you are going to track it or race or drive like an aggressive maniac then the Brembos would come in handy for you. Keep cost in mind too. The replacement parts are more expensive. Don't know how much though, don't have Brembos.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:39 AM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

$33,500 before TTL... Highly doubt you'll get it for less than that but if you do, then awesome..
Old 10-03-2012, 12:47 PM
bud4ya

I woudl bring it to the track but no ore than a couple times a year so I see your point on the brakes. It will mostly be used for around town stuff. I mean brakes can allows be updated and woudl rather do that then upgrade the gears after. rather have that stock from Ford.

I guess my big concern would be the performance rating between the 3.31, 3.55 and 3.73. Are they really noticable from one to the other?

The red one that has Cali package has the 19 inch wheels but the rear end is stock with 3.31's. The black one does not have Cali pack but does have 3.55's. Neither have brembo's. So I guess if there is not a huge increase in acceleration between the stock 3.31 and 3.73 I guess I could live with the gearing and no Brembo's and it is on the lot.

But if if there is a decent amount of gain going with the 3.73's I may just have to order. Or find a used with 19's, 3.73 and no brembo's which I did see a couple.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:01 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

If your plans include keeping your car N/A (non turbo or blower)... I would get the 4.10's anyway so, get stock, save your money. Spend $200 at www.americanmuscle.com getting the 4.10's and the kit and then have someone install it. That will run you a few bucks as well but, IMO (again, IMO).. 3.31 or 3.55.or 3.73 is worthless in an N/A car.

Keep in mind that you will lose top end speed on gear increases.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:26 PM
bud4ya

That is a good option too. I am sure that kit takes into consideration of speedo change etc. Do you know if there is a noticable difference between one that has 3.31's compared to the 3.73's? Tried to find a vid of one that had stock gears to one that has 3.73 and no luck

Originally Posted by xkape
If your plans include keeping your car N/A (non turbo or blower)... I would get the 4.10's anyway so, get stock, save your money. Spend $200 at www.americanmuscle.com getting the 4.10's and the kit and then have someone install it. That will run you a few bucks as well but, IMO (again, IMO).. 3.31 or 3.55.or 3.73 is worthless in an N/A car.

Keep in mind that you will lose top end speed on gear increases.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:31 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

I have to disagree on 3.73s being worthless.. I think it's the perfect gear for street and track.. 4.10s are awesome but if you're highway cruising all the time it can be annoying.

And yes, you will notice a good difference between 3.31s and 3.73s.. It will be much torquier off the line.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:38 PM
bud4ya

Thank you. Guess that leads me to ordering as I want the 3.73's or I did find a couple around that just had the 3.73's but not Brembo which looks liek I can live without of not tracking all the time

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
I have to disagree on 3.73s being worthless.. I think it's the perfect gear for street and track.. 4.10s are awesome but if you're highway cruising all the time it can be annoying.

And yes, you will notice a good difference between 3.31s and 3.73s.. It will be much torquier off the line.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:49 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

I don't know, I guess I am just one of those, punch it and poop your pants type of person. Meaning, if it's not slamming you into the seat, its not enough.

That said, I do have the 3.73's, they are a good gear. I'm just not N/A.

and by the way, the kit would NOT take into consideration the speedo adjustments. On these new cars with all the computer stuff, you need a tuner. Hell you can't even stick a CAI on anymore without a custom tune. At least you only have to buy it once though.

To be clear, if you order from dealer it will be setup. If you did it yourself, you'd need to tune it.

Last edited by xkape; 10-03-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:29 PM
bud4ya

I am going to stick with teh 3.73's from the factory. I will serached used again and maybe just give up on the Brembo's and find one with 19"s and 3.73's. If no luck looks like I will have to see if they will work on price for special order.

Thanks

Originally Posted by xkape
I don't know, I guess I am just one of those, punch it and poop your pants type of person. Meaning, if it's not slamming you into the seat, its not enough.

That said, I do have the 3.73's, they are a good gear. I'm just not N/A.

and by the way, the kit would NOT take into consideration the speedo adjustments. On these new cars with all the computer stuff, you need a tuner. Hell you can't even stick a CAI on anymore without a custom tune. At least you only have to buy it once though.

To be clear, if you order from dealer it will be setup. If you did it yourself, you'd need to tune it.

Quick Reply: New To Forum With Pricing/Option questions