Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Endgame: part 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 01:18 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Menace
Not much a fan of turbos, but this looks good. Too bad there is no Direct Injection heads available or you'd have yourself a nice ecoboost.
haha, I have been halfway considering getting an ecoboost badge to slap on the trunk... probably won't, but I had a buddy who slapped a hybrid badge on his Pontiac G6 GT just for the dumbfounded looks of prius owners.

or maybe this concept tt badge...

Old 10-21-2012, 07:43 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

This is looking frikkin awesome.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

Looks great! I've seen some of these pictures on the RET facebook so it's nice to finally see the whole project. What are you doing to the suspension to put down this new found power?
Old 10-21-2012, 01:36 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red_Devil
Looks great! I've seen some of these pictures on the RET facebook so it's nice to finally see the whole project. What are you doing to the suspension to put down this new found power?
There's not really much of a plan right now. I've been setting this car up more for road race vs drag, suspension-wise. Suspension as it stands is: Steeda sport springs, Koni adjustable dampers, adjustable sways, Steeda HD strut mounts, & adjustable panhard bar. Heavier duty LCAs may be in the future, as well as a watts link. But I am still on Conti extreme contact DW tires, so moving up to tires with R-compound wold probably be the next step.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:43 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

God bless you brother for having the extra cake to do what you have done to your car! Most of us don't have this luxury, I applaud.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:04 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
haha, I have been halfway considering getting an ecoboost badge to slap on the trunk... probably won't, but I had a buddy who slapped a hybrid badge on his Pontiac G6 GT just for the dumbfounded looks of prius owners.
This has been the best $15 I have spent on the car. The looks and conversations are priceless...
Name:  IMAG0551.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  72.6 KB
Old 10-22-2012, 10:41 AM
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

there is so much #win in this thread. i love what you've done with your car! it is truly inspirational hahah
Old 10-22-2012, 11:58 AM
WHITELINE USA
Former Sponsor

Danzcool, you should take a look at our Watts Link and lower control arms. I know Greg just had one of our units shipped to him, was it for your car or another project?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:30 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gothamems
God bless you brother for having the extra cake to do what you have done to your car! Most of us don't have this luxury, I applaud.
Thanks.
Originally Posted by S197GT07
This has been the best $15 I have spent on the car. The looks and conversations are priceless...
Yeah baby.
Originally Posted by GhostStrykre
there is so much #win in this thread. i love what you've done with your car! it is truly inspirational hahah
thanks.
Originally Posted by WHITELINE USA
Danzcool, you should take a look at our Watts Link and lower control arms. I know Greg just had one of our units shipped to him, was it for your car or another project?
Nope, must be another one of Greg's projects, he has so many badass projects going on at any given time. It'll be interesting to see where his own twin coyote project ends up.

I'll take a look at your watts and LCAs, but it will probably be awhile before I do anything toward that end... my project is in 2 parts, this part of the turbo/fuel system build-up, and the next part being a built block and turning up the boost. I need some time between the parts to get the funds together, figure some driveability issues (whether I should go aluminum or steel flywheel, whether I need to stroke for more low end torque, etc), what the end under-hood dress-up scheme will be, etc. So any suspension changes will probably come after part 2.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:33 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

A few more pix of the cold side tubing at the intercooler.

Quick Reply: Endgame: part 1