Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 gt/cs trans problem issues

Old 10-10-2012, 07:52 PM
steven_koenke

Default 2013 gt/cs trans problem issues

so i have the jlt cold air intake, off road h pipe, and blow by racing tune.
now the trans problem is that when i shift into second gear it just pops right out of gear.. all other gears are fine but no matter what second one stay in gear past 2k rpms. also! will i have to remove all parts to keep my warranty? thanks
Old 10-10-2012, 08:37 PM
captain slow

Originally Posted by steven_koenke
so i have the jlt cold air intake, off road h pipe, and blow by racing tune.
now the trans problem is that when i shift into second gear it just pops right out of gear.. all other gears are fine but no matter what second one stay in gear past 2k rpms. also! will i have to remove all parts to keep my warranty? thanks
you definitely need to remove all aftermarket stuff, if you want to have any prayer of having the trans covered by warranty.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:02 AM
steven_koenke

Originally Posted by captain slow
you definitely need to remove all aftermarket stuff, if you want to have any prayer of having the trans covered by warranty.
ah, alright thanks man. u think the tranny is shot?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

i dont see how those mods would affect the transmission in any way.

did it ever pop out of gear before the mods? maybe something happened to the transmission positioning during installation of the H pipe
Old 10-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by captain slow
?? where do you get your information? Ford (or any car MFG) won't simply void your driveline warranty for having aftermarket mods unless the mod is related to the failure...

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...ts/alt192.shtm

"Will using 'aftermarket' or recycled parts void my warranty?

No. An 'aftermarket' part is a part made by a company other than the vehicle manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer. A 'recycled' part is a part that was made for and installed in a new vehicle by the manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer, and later removed from the vehicle and made available for resale or reuse. Simply using an aftermarket or recycled part does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part. Still, if it turns out that the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs. The FTC says the manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage. "

Stop perpetuating myths.

Last edited by Derf00; 10-11-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:41 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

I don't see any of ur mods have to do with ur tranny like derf said you warranty isn't voided unless the specific part caused it..
Old 10-11-2012, 02:48 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

If your #8 blew I'd say you're done. But since it's the trans I'd say you've definitely got a chance of being alright. Might have to fight a bit but it should work out.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:41 PM
AJSpags
2nd Gear Member

Can the tune be taken off quickly and put back on after you get the car back? If it were me I would take the intake and tune off just in case, why chance it. I can easily see a dealer using those performance mods as an excuse to void the warranty even though we all know it doesn't have anything to do with the trans going out. Plus those are easy parts to reinstall.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:25 AM
captain slow

Originally Posted by Derf00
?? where do you get your information? Ford (or any car MFG) won't simply void your driveline warranty for having aftermarket mods unless the mod is related to the failure...

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...ts/alt192.shtm

"Will using 'aftermarket' or recycled parts void my warranty?

No. An 'aftermarket' part is a part made by a company other than the vehicle manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer. A 'recycled' part is a part that was made for and installed in a new vehicle by the manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer, and later removed from the vehicle and made available for resale or reuse. Simply using an aftermarket or recycled part does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part. Still, if it turns out that the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs. The FTC says the manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage. "

Stop perpetuating myths.
We got ourselves an internet tough guy!! Since logic is NOT your friend, let me try to explain it a different way--
The modifications he did make the engine produce more power and behave differently than what Ford intended, thus, it is putting extra (unknown) stress on the drive train. The transmission is a part of the drive train (imagine that!), and will be affected. From a manufacturers point of view, the parts are designed to handle X amount of power. You went and f'd with it. No soup for you. Is that all that difficult to grasp? If his window switch failed, than your point would stand as one has nothing to do with the other.
In any case, why would you bring a modded car for warranty work anyway? It just gives the dealer cause to have the regional manager come and take a look, and from there is a slippery slope. I still think he should take the intake off, flash the car back to stock and bring it to the dealer, although since this forum is monitored by Ford corporate, it might be a bit late.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:25 AM
steven_koenke

Thanks everyone for the replys the car is now completely back to stock.. wish me luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 gt/cs trans problem issues