Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check out this Black GT/ Stripes NICE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 12:16 AM
05Stang_WI

Default RE: Check out this Black GT/ Stripes NICE!

I'm the onwer of the Black Mustang with Redfire stripes at the start of this topic - Thanks TJ, Racnnut for the comments !

One of my web surfin friends saw this post and gave me a shout.

Another shot of my 'BLACK WIDOW'.

A little background.

I really love Redfire and almost ordered that exterior color. However I also wanted ICAP. The red leather AND Redfire exterior was too much red IMO. So I went with Black exterior. but I still wanted my Redfire! Then it hit me, what about Redfire stripes? So the plans were put into motion. I hadn't seen this combo from anywhere before - paint or vinyl, now I've seen a few who had the same idea. So sight unseen I tell em 'take it apart boys and start paintin'. I was either loony, color blind, senile or all of the above - but I just love the end result !

Details:

I used the Lemans tapered pattern, 1.5" gap between the stripes. Bumpers, hood, roof, trunk, and spoiler were wet sanded, painted, clear coated, wet sanded again ,to remove bump at the edge of the stripes, and professionally polished. The only exception was the side stripes where they only wet sanded and cleared from the top of the stripe down. The whole car was re-polished as the factory, or dealer, tried to ‘make it shine’ in their own special way ;( All better now. Hood, Spoiler, Front/rear bumpers removed, rear GT badge replaced.

Redfire has a way of being deep and so many different shades depending upon the lighting. I also like that the stripes are more subtle than say a bright red would be. In low light they just about disappear.

Stripes were done by Marshall Services - Brookfield Wisconsin . Check out the 'Gallery/Special projects' menu where they have pics of the project. Give a brand new car (4 days old) to painters and they are your friends for life! They had a blast doing it.

It cost me around $2500. I know, I know - that was high, but where I live I had very few choices for places that actually had done this before and I trusted - so I went with the best rep place I could find. Marshall Services does airplanes and lots of cool stuff- check out the link.

Stanman - I also think the side stripes are a must myself, great minds think alike Your car looks sweet!

Jim

PS: Striping info details if anyone is interested. CLICK HERE I just love the way it turned out – oh I said that already.

Stripe those Stangs!
Old 10-04-2005, 05:36 AM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

I am suprised we haven't seen each other around. I live in Sussex. Come up to the HWY on a Saturday night, park at Oscars and join all us other Mustang people!!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:18 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

I really like the dark red on black- still racing stripes, but dont 'scream at you' like some of the bolder colors do. very nice selection- compliments the interior and ties it all together too.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Robs05gtvert
2nd Gear Member

sweeet.....[sm=bounceybounce.gif] That's a great color combination....
Old 10-04-2005, 10:24 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Your welcomed and thanks for shairing your comments details, background etc.

Enjoy your nice ride it looks good.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:04 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

i like your stripes but you can definetly tell that they dont look nearly as good as painted stripes...given that you also didn't pay 2500 dollars for your stripes to be put on. also since you may change your mind then i can see where your coming from. to me vinly stripes look tacky. i can definetly tell your car has vinly stripes from your picture. but you shouldn't car what i think because its your car and well you are the one who has to look at it everyday. i was just stating my opinion. great combo though. hope to see the new things you do to your car
ORIGINAL: 05SatinSilver

ORIGINAL: GT Premi

Vinyl stripes look good from far off. When you get up close, they look aweful. The finish on them nowhere near matches the paint and there's that ugly raised edge on them. I was going to get some black Le Mans stripes painted on mine util I started reading that everybody and their sisters were getting stripes. Then I decided against it. Stripes are to this car as '00 Cobra R wheels are to the previous Mustang; everybody is doing it.

STANMAN, I so wish you would change your wheels! The car looks absolutely AWESOME! But those Bullitts simply ruin it. I'll sell you my factory upgrade wheels and tires for $1000. They only have about 2K miles on them. They would look SO much better with that paint job.
Well, apparently you've never seen a good install job before. Plus, once you've waxed the stripes, they look just fine. Check out these relfections in my vinyl stripes. Heck, these are taken about a week after my last wax, plus it rained the night before. Waxing them keeps the water spots from appearing too.
And for me, between the $2400 paint job and the $400 vinyl job, I'm Very happy with mine. Beside, I'll probablilty change my mind next year and do something else. Can't do that easily with Painted on stripes, unless you've got plenty of cash or own your own paint shop.

Dave...

[IMG]local://upfiles/12058/9F5A8CF62D9F4514B2E9ADC3AE796880.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12058/3583D8702E1849D494D2C973EEE2BD6D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12058/802E442AC343482F8BC2A58879B76BFB.jpg[/IMG]