Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have this issue or experience it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
Just think about what happened. You have a road and a tire making contact. There's only so much that can go wrong. WOT

I am not mechanic, but this does not seem to be anyone's issue, but your foot. This complaint seems impossible.

HOpefully, someone else will chime in.

My car does it too. Only when I turn off TC and punch it
^^^^ What 99gtstang said. Occam's Razor... ftw

"Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor, Latin lex parsimoniae) is the law of parsimony, economy, or succinctness. It is a principle stating that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected."

Last edited by rogan01; 11-04-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:49 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rogan01
^^^^ What 99gtstang said. Occam's Razor... ftw

"Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor, Latin lex parsimoniae) is the law of parsimony, economy, or succinctness. It is a principle stating that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected."
If it wasn't for this item in boldface . . .

Originally Posted by pcgumshoe
Within the first week, I experienced a little slip when making turns at low speeds, never thought much of it. I don't really notice it during highways. Checked the tire pressure and it was fine. However, the 3rd week, when making a right turn after a complete stop, the car happened to glide through 3 lanes (as if it were slidding accross a frozen street). I live in TX...
the fewest assumptions would indeed suggest the use of too much throttle. However, that does not explain the front of the car sliding as well, which would be necessary in order to "glide through 3 lanes".

I don't think we've heard the whole story, which the OP may not really remember with perfect accuracy due to the stress of the moment.

Norm
Old 11-05-2012, 06:04 AM
7gtthrilla
2nd Gear Member

Your car is a mustang. That's all that needs to be said. It's not a corvette with the independent rear. It is a car with more torque and hp that most people under estimate until its too late. We all make mistakes and ill be brave enough to say that I bet at least 80% of this forums drivers have been in wrecks and finally respect their cars. You can't hop in and floor it and expect it to stay in a straight line: maybe in a Camry but not in a mustang and this is the reason why people love the mustang; it's an adrenaline rush when you drive it
Old 11-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
If it wasn't for this item in boldface . . .

the fewest assumptions would indeed suggest the use of too much throttle. However, that does not explain the front of the car sliding as well, which would be necessary in order to "glide through 3 lanes".

I don't think we've heard the whole story, which the OP may not really remember with perfect accuracy due to the stress of the moment.

Norm
I'm with Norm on this one. Something sounds like it's missing (details).

I've left car wash places that put tire dressing on and found myself slipping and slidding out of their driveway (front and rear). I've also pulled out of parking spots where there was oil that I didn't notice as I parked. When I go to leave the car will want to plow forward instead of turning.

I've run my tires at 37 before and while it may contribute to the problem (loss of traction) it is by no means the sole culprit.