Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 PM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

Old 11-15-2012, 02:37 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
^Ohhhh I would love to hear that setup on a 4.6! You have any vids?
I am selling a set of Borla S (aggressive) axle-backs. The left one had been on my Shelby less than 12 hours... hit a pond during a downpour with drag radials on and did a 180 into a guard rail . Well one of them was replaced via insurance. there a small ding that is on the outer lip of the muffler portion (not the tip) and could be easily dinged out if you wanted to do it. The hangers are bent and need to be adjusted. The right side is brand new in box. Looking to sell for $300 plus shipping. Heck I'll even throw in the Borla hat they gave me haha.

I had these same ones on my 06 GT as well with high flow cats and it sounded amazing!!

here's a link for the ones I have:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/borla-...k-2005-gt.html

Last edited by adidasUNT8; 11-15-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:57 PM
mikelieb1289
1st Gear Member

given my OCD im gonna have to decline your offer but thanks. new car means everything has to be perfect haha
Old 11-15-2012, 04:31 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikelieb1289
given my OCD im gonna have to decline your offer but thanks. new car means everything has to be perfect haha
It's okay, for everybody's knowledge, exhaust parts from 05-10 won't fit 11'+ cars.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:58 PM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

i agree with borla or bassani even consider magnaflow or frpp all sound great in there own way.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Jay@Hypermotive
Former Sponsor

Let me know if I can help you out any, the borla is a great choice. I think you'd be happy with either the ATAK's or S-type.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

You should do yourself a favor and check out Corsa
Old 11-17-2012, 05:58 AM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Goldenpony
You should do yourself a favor and check out Corsa
If I had a GM car especially a Corvette I'd go with Corsa for sure but I really don't care for the sound it produces on the Mustang but that IMO.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Between the two, Bassani is deeper and more agressive sounding than the Borla. A buddy of mine runs Borla with catted-x. I run Bassani Race with catted-x. Mine puts the Borla to shame, BUT they almost do sound alike with the Bassani just being louder than Borla.

And all this constant complaining and griping over and over about exhaust drone...it's a V8 Mustang, it's going to be loud with aftermarket exhaust, and people want loud but they want quiet? They need to stick with stock exhaust with an aftermarket H-pipe. I personally could care less because the rumble is awesome and it's supposed to be loud. But that's just me, I'm a man, and my loud exhaust has a purpose.

Last edited by Ricardo; 11-17-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo
Between the two, Bassani is deeper and more agressive sounding than the Borla. A buddy of mine runs Borla with catted-x. I run Bassani Race with catted-x. Mine puts the Borla to shame, BUT they almost do sound alike with the Bassani just being louder than Borla.

And all this constant complaining and griping over and over about exhaust drone...it's a V8 Mustang, it's going to be loud with aftermarket exhaust, and people want loud but they want quiet? They need to stick with stock exhaust with an aftermarket H-pipe. I personally could care less because the rumble is awesome and it's supposed to be loud. But that's just me, I'm a man, and my loud exhaust has a purpose.
im having a hard time believing this. Your buddy was probably running either the touring system or borla stingers. The atak is quite loud, and imo deeper and more agressive than the bassani exhaust

Quick Reply: New exhaust