Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

about to order new tires please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 10:24 PM
sharony1994
2nd Gear Member

Default about to order new tires please help

I am about to order new tires/rims from american muscle http://www.americanmuscle.com/matteb...elli-stag.html

I just wanted to know if anyone has these and what do you guys think of the pirelis? do they last long? and also are they good for a daily driver that does the ocational pull or 2? Also if possible please post pictures especially if you have windviel blue thanks.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:17 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Those should be fine for DD and wear will depend on your foot.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Aren't the HTR III's a Sumitomo tire? Regardless, they're performance is satisfactory as long as you're not pushing her too hard.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:15 PM
sharony1994
2nd Gear Member

Can anyone post pictures if you have these. Also if u have any matt black rims you want to recommend please let me know
Old 11-23-2012, 08:56 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

These wheels are great! They look awesome on all year Mustangs, but definitely the S197's. I'm confident you'll love this set up on your car!

As far as the tires go, Pirelli's are awesome. Pirelli's P Zero Nero is a ultra high performance "H" rated all season tire that is perfect for the harsh weather conditions North American has to throw at it.

-Dan
Old 11-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

From a purchase I made a couple of months ago I can say one thing for sure.

Don't buy Nitto's NT850 Plus.

LOUD!

Also, they are going to suck in the rain. Can just tell.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Aren't the HTR III's a Sumitomo tire? Regardless, they're performance is satisfactory as long as you're not pushing her too hard.
ya, wtf? seems the site is combining pirelli pzero nero and the sumitmo HTR III in one name.

if its the pzero nero all seasons I can tell ya I just moved over to them. they are performing great in cold/heavy rain, I am pleased with them. I am hoping they can handle light snow duty - we'll see.

I can tell you the dry/warm temp grips were sacrificed a little over the nitto 555's I moved from, much easier to spin if you're trying to move quickly off the line. I knew that in advance and was willing to give a little for better rain/cold characteristics.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:32 AM
JRC702
1st Gear Member

Look the tires up on tirerack.com and check the treadwear ratings.

I don't buy tires there but their website is great for researching and comparing tires.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

The rims are nice.

I'm not a big fan of the Pirelli PZero Nero All Season tires though. Having had them on my my car until a couple weeks ago; their dry traction is for shiznit and they don't last that long. Barely 23K and that's with completely wearing the tread down flush with the tire. I would expect that mileage for a summer performance tire, not an all season.

I don't abuse my car (or my tires) but on moderate throttle (and anything approaching spirited) they just can't hold traction. They spin, a lot, to the point that it really took the fun out of driving the car in general because of worrying about traction.

Wet grip on the Pirellis is pretty good though.

Incidently, Treadwear ratings are just a number. I have used two different tires that were categorized as All seasons on this car with the identical treadwear rating (and a few other identical ratings) and their performance were on two different ends of the spectrum. The Pirellis were not on the good end.

Just my $0.02
Old 11-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

I had the 19" Pirelli's on my 2011 GT with the Charcoal Black AMR Rim. Only reason I went with the Pirelli's is they were from a 2013 Take Off with 400 miles on the tires, got for $300.00

They are crap wet and dry. If you're wanting great traction, and a great all around, all season tire, Continentals or Michellin Pilot are the way to go. Pilots are top notch in wet weather.

I also put a set of Sailun tires on Mustang and Cobalt once, they were an excellent Multi Season tires and QUIET, my god were they quiet.

Quick Reply: about to order new tires please help