Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well ****....

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 03:11 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Wink Educational and it's fun. ;-)

Originally Posted by audioAl
Learning to power slide, and fishtail in the rain soaked streets is a good exercise!
Educational and it's fun. ;-)

Good luck with the fix!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:41 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

How secure is your exhaust?
Might have knocked something off under the impact.
Check your mounts, both engine and tranny.
If they gave play, maybe your drive shaft hit your shifter linkage.
It's kinda tight under there...
Old 11-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Not sure pascal. Is at a shop being looked at.
Im trying to figure out how to work this in my favor. Removing my antenna. Gt/cs bumper. If needed replace k member myself at uncles shop
Old 11-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lem-06
On my way home last night wound up being a dumbass and fishtailed from a start and went into a sign sideways and spun my car 180.
passenger fender is thrashed, same with bumper, hood looks fine.
However I couldnt move the shifter after i came to a stop, seems the drivetrain might have moved alitle. The Wheel might have hit on the sign/dug in the ground when I spun. Did that cause this problem, how much $ am i looking at
First off, let me commend you for "manning up" to being a dumbass - too many people blame everything but themselves for anything bad that happens so WELL DONE!

Glad to see that you are OK - the car can be fixed easy enough. the $$$s though can be anything. Best of luck!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff
First off, let me commend you for "manning up" to being a dumbass - too many people blame everything but themselves for anything bad that happens so WELL DONE!

Glad to see that you are OK - the car can be fixed easy enough. the $$$s though can be anything. Best of luck!
Oh well there was this kitten, and a puppy, followed by a kid in a wheelchair that I had to avoid. The wind blew me sideways, someone punched me, and...ummm.... That's all I got.

Yea I know I hope it isn't to much.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:58 PM
E_cox310
2nd Gear Member

Yea like others said... you're better off using your driving skill and powering out of it by counter steering, than slamming on the brakes.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff

+1, I am so impressed that the OP didn't blame it on some other ****. How often do you see that these days? Never!

To all the e-geniuses telling him how to drive.......... you weren't even there bros?! He didn't say he hit the brakes...
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 PM
GriffinGT
1st Gear Member

I hate that feeling. Hope everything works out for ya. It happens to the best of us. Good Luck!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:35 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

well tomorrow i am getting the estimate for both using insurance and paying out of pocket, already asked all the supervisors at work telling them i needed all the OT they had for me if i do pay for it. Gonna try and get a piece by piece price, see if I can get a GT/CS bumper, delete the antenna in the fender, try to think i came out ahead in this situation.

thanks for those +1'ing me for admitting im a dumbass, which I am
Old 11-30-2012, 01:42 AM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

OP glad you're ok and props for admitting you messed up. We all do it though. The other day I was making a U turn and wanted to do it in style and got a little too carried away. Spun out in the middle of the intersection - full 360. What's funny is the lady on the embankment in front of a store waving one of those "GOING OUT OF BUSINESS" signs watched the whole thing and wasn't even phased by it. Didn't even laugh -_- My stupidity had to have been funny to watch too. Oh well. Just a little story. Sadly yours ended a little worse. Hope the bill isn't too hefty for ya! Goodluck and get your baby fixed up!