MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Just installed my BAMA 91R tune, I can't stop smiling (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/685830-just-installed-my-bama-91r-tune-i-cant-stop-smiling.html)

AJSpags 11-29-2012 01:50 PM

Just installed my BAMA 91R tune, I can't stop smiling

The greatest investment I have put into this car has to be the tune! The mustang is unbelievable. If anyone is on the fence about spending the money, JUMP OFF! it's worth it. Mike and Ryan over at BAMA are so helpful and walked me through the hole process, I was a little worried about the uploading and downloading process. Thanks again guys.
-Andrew

duckbubbles 11-29-2012 02:26 PM

I've tried both BAMA 91 street and race tunes on mine- I am back to stock and overall am more satisfied. Really not worth the money on my stock engine, in my opinion.

Frank

audioAl 11-29-2012 02:56 PM

Interesting ducky, can you elaborate?

kevinmalec 11-29-2012 03:15 PM

I felt the same way as AJSPags and mine is only a sixxer.
My only regret was waiting so long!

code3GT 11-29-2012 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by duckbubbles (Post 8101620)
I've tried both BAMA 91 street and race tunes on mine- I am back to stock and overall am more satisfied. Really not worth the money on my stock engine, in my opinion.

Frank

Originally Posted by audioAl (Post 8101640)
Interesting ducky, can you elaborate?

I would like to hear as well. I noticed a HUGE improvement over stock in my '12 GT. Now granted, mine is an auto and the shifts are like night and day.

yellowneck86 11-29-2012 03:29 PM

ive had my BAMA 91 performance tune installed with my FRPP CAI and noticed a big difference in throttle response+gear shifts.

AJSpags 11-29-2012 03:53 PM

My lunch break today consisted of getting on and off on ramps around town! ha

E_cox310 11-29-2012 04:03 PM

The BAMA 91race tune is great. In my manual, it just gets rid of the sluggish throttle response that FORD gave us. I'm getting my 4.10's pretty soon and can't wait because everybody says that you feel a GREATER difference w/ the 4.10's than the CAI/Tune combo. Just like you, I couldn't stop smiling when I would get on the throttle after I got my Tune

AJSpags 11-29-2012 04:31 PM

4.10's are next on my list as well. Looking forward to seeing what you think after you get the 4.10's installed.

AMWill 11-29-2012 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by AJSpags (Post 8101601)
The greatest investment I have put into this car has to be the tune! The mustang is unbelievable. If anyone is on the fence about spending the money, JUMP OFF! it's worth it. Mike and Ryan over at BAMA are so helpful and walked me through the hole process, I was a little worried about the uploading and downloading process. Thanks again guys.
-Andrew

I'm glad you're enjoying it Andrew! I remember the first time I experience a custom tune on my car, I was blown away at the difference. It's awesome to hear you had a similar experience!

Shane

Originally Posted by duckbubbles (Post 8101620)

Frank

Frank, I'm sorry you didn't feel there was much of a difference. Did you sell your Bama tuner or do you still have it? I'd definitely like to get a Bama tune back in your Mustang and restore your confidence in AM/Bama.

Let me know if you still have the tuner and we'll take another look at your custom tunes. They may be some adjustments that could be made!

Shane