Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want the rev limiter from the end of this video

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mighted1987
in the video he is boucing the rev limiter but u can hear and see that he is on a dead spot until he put in another gear..so im pretty sure hes losing all power also, my 2006 gt die for half a sec when I hit the rev limiter, it suck but guess there is a reason, the only real rev limiter ive seen was on a mach 1 2003 or 2004 cant remember, but no idea how did it act on the street.
my 2003 GT had a normal limiter which didnt kill power for as long as the 2011 does.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:52 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy13186
You are stupid and not contributing anything helpful to this thread at all.

Everything i said that you bolded is correct. You also ignored the most important parts of my post that explained what i mean. There is no point on a GT raising the rev limiter without a boss intake, do your research.

IF you dont like the vids or that type of limiter more than the 5.0's limiter.... castrate yourself, get a prius, and gtfo of my thread.

Listen, grow a pair and learn to handle criticism, don't get butt hurt about it.

The stock limiter is there for a reason. It's so average morons who buy these cars and can't drive, don't blow them up if they bang it off the limiter. So they designed the computer to cut power. An after market tune will change this. The reason for upping the limiter is so you can rev the motor to 7000 or whatever without hitting the stock limiter, therefore the motor will not cut power. Just because you up the limiter does not mean you have to shift on on the limiter....up it to 7300 and shift at 7k.

Btw you do know you dont want to hit the rev limiter... Right? It's there as a safety precaution.

You keep telling me to research, but I'm not the one asking these stupid questions. Get a cai/tune and stop posting already Jesus.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

I see what OP is saying about how he wants his car to instantly recover from hitting the limiter instead of waiting so long. As others have stated and I also agree, bouncing off the rev limiter as bad as in the video is caused by not shifting correctly. As cool at it might sound, from what I gather from listening to those who know more about these engines, it might not be so good for the engine to cut fuel or spark, etc...while at the RPM limit. Add FI or nitrous and maybe you could blow something up from suddenly leaning the engine out.

A proper burn out will not bounce off the rev limiter. I have 4.10s so drop the clutch in 2nd and hold the RPMs at 6k...it works just fine and sounds like sex. Just practice alot (the fun part!) and you'll be able to do it too.

Edit: I also forgot to add that some engines lose torque and HP above a certain RPM, so shifting at where these peak is what you want to do to get the best times...usually lower than the rev limiter.

Last edited by Ricardo; 12-08-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:09 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo
I see what OP is saying about how he wants his car to instantly recover from hitting the limiter instead of waiting so long. As others have stated and I also agree, bouncing off the rev limiter as bad as in the video is caused by not shifting correctly. As cool at it might sound, from what I gather from listening to those who know more about these engines, it might not be so good for the engine to cut fuel or spark, etc...while at the RPM limit. Add FI or nitrous and maybe you could blow something up from suddenly leaning the engine out.

A proper burn out will not bounce off the rev limiter. I have 4.10s so drop the clutch in 2nd and hold the RPMs at 6k...it works just fine and sounds like sex. Just practice alot (the fun part!) and you'll be able to do it too.

Edit: I also forgot to add that some engines lose torque and HP above a certain RPM, so shifting at where these peak is what you want to do to get the best times...usually lower than the rev limiter.
Ding, ding, ding. Atleast somebody is on the same page as me.