Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 v6 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 04:53 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Not necessarily, it all comes down to which springs you choose, and the shocks/struts you get. Don't lower without planning for shocks/struts though. Eventually the stockers will wear out due to the new springs so it's best to swap them all at once. CC plates, and strut mounts, and pan hard rod are also common parts people throw on while doing a lowering.

You'd be better served asking about the lowering on the handling section though. Lots of people on there that can guide you to the right parts to get what you want out of the car.

Good luck, and good choice on initial mods. Can't go wrong with an intake/tune from AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:37 PM
ZackBallard3

Thanks for the info, theres deffinaly alot more to the lowering process than i thought!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:41 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

If you are going with a subtle drop, you won't neccesarily need to change out your struts/shocks. It's a good idea to do it all while you are taking everything apart to do the spring install, but not required.
I have 20 inch wheels and when I had my Eibach pro-kit installed, I could tell the drive was a bit rougher.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 PM
ZackBallard3

I see, well i have the chrome shelby razor wheels 20's and they ride really rough. Im looking to go to 18's for more tire and pray that the ride is better and The tires on the 20's dont last very long since i commute to college 4 days a week (about 60-70miles a day) i have a friend who just put the sr lowering springs on and he says the ride is pretty much the same. So im not sure what to do just yet.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:07 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZackBallard3
I see, well i have the chrome shelby razor wheels 20's and they ride really rough. Im looking to go to 18's for more tire and pray that the ride is better and The tires on the 20's dont last very long since i commute to college 4 days a week (about 60-70miles a day) i have a friend who just put the sr lowering springs on and he says the ride is pretty much the same. So im not sure what to do just yet.
With the 20" chrome shelby razors, you will definitely feel a difference with the lower and stiffer springs installed. Cornering is great, but you will feel every dip, debri and hole in the road. LOL
I would assume once you install the 18" wheels with more rubber, it would feel much better!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:45 PM
ZackBallard3

Yes especially where i live. The interstate and highways are the only good roads to drive on. The rest have dips and cracks. Everytime i hit a little bump it feels like im going to bust my tires lol. And yes i believe im going to wait to get the springs. Just found out my girlfriend is going to buy me my chin spoiler! Cant wait haha
Old 12-13-2012, 10:28 PM
ZackBallard3

Well guys i dipped into my savings and bought the lowering springs and the Raxiom Smoked tail lights and my girlfriend is buying the chin spoiler. I didnt want to take anything from savings but i couldnt take it anymore! i had to buy something hahah
Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Talking I know the feeling!

Well guys i dipped into my savings and bought the lowering springs and the Raxiom Smoked tail lights and my girlfriend is buying the chin spoiler. I didnt want to take anything from savings but i couldnt take it anymore! i had to buy something hahah
Nice....I know the feeling! LOL
Be sure to take pics and post once everything is installed. =-)
Old 12-17-2012, 03:32 PM
ZackBallard3

Will do man, my tail lights will be installed tomorrow. i am also buying the black gt500 staggered tire & wheel set next week. i am not going to install the springs until i get the shocks and strut kit. my car has 75k miles on it and i would feel better replacing the shocks and struts when i put the springs on. and once i get the car lowered i will look and see if i am going to put the chin spoiler on, i dont want to drag it off. but i will take pics of the tail lights and post them on this thread tomorrow afternoon!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:10 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Will do man, my tail lights will be installed tomorrow. i am also buying the black gt500 staggered tire & wheel set next week. i am not going to install the springs until i get the shocks and strut kit. my car has 75k miles on it and i would feel better replacing the shocks and struts when i put the springs on. and once i get the car lowered i will look and see if i am going to put the chin spoiler on, i dont want to drag it off. but i will take pics of the tail lights and post them on this thread tomorrow afternoon!
Sweet! Gotta love the mod bug and it keeps ya out of trouble. ;-)

Quick Reply: 05 v6 mustang