Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I screwed up my seat! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 07:42 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
I forgot about the seat perforations helping airflow. Now, if they're blocked, you'll lift off the seat a little bit each time you fart instead of it blowing down thru the perforations. You may also cause damage to the head liner if you fart hard enough.
This made my morning, thanks nuke!

As to rates not going up for glass replacement, glass is considered a safety related item so it is in the insurance companies best interest to replace it, lest something hits your wweakend windshield and goes through, or the cracks that you refuse to pay to get replaced cause you to have a wreck they pay a lot more. It also varies by state, i pay nothing to get mine repaired or replaced, but nc folks have a deductable.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:44 AM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

you didn't screw it up. You'll be ok. Now, if you had cloth, you would have some trouble.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

There is a "crying over split milk joke" in all of this, but I don't feel like reading the entire thread to see if anyone tackled that particular subject.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
This made my morning, thanks nuke!

As to rates not going up for glass replacement, glass is considered a safety related item so it is in the insurance companies best interest to replace it, lest something hits your wweakend windshield and goes through, or the cracks that you refuse to pay to get replaced cause you to have a wreck they pay a lot more. It also varies by state, i pay nothing to get mine repaired or replaced, but nc folks have a deductable.
Well, if the insurance considers it a safety item, the whole car should be lumped in. They mandated 5 star crash ratings for cheaper insurance so... to me the whole car is a safety item and I want them to not screw me if I wreck.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:11 PM
berryracer
1st Gear Member

So I went to the agency and informed them about this, they said we will tell the insurance but either way you should get us a police report as that is mandatory for the insruance to process any claim.

I called the police and they sent me a car who then heard my story and said "This is not a traffic accident, it should be reported as a criminal case" so they took me with them to the police station as I can file it as a criminal case to get my insurance...then the guys at the police station said they cant do that this is neither a criminal nor a traffic case I must speak to my insurance directly....then one of them said "what, if my child pisses in my car I should claim insurance!?!" They were like, get over it, or have someone remove the leather and clean the seats from inside...

But what about the airbags? I know these seats have airbags in them wouldn't that deploy the airbag and screw the seat even more?
Old 12-15-2012, 10:03 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

I am going to keep it short and sweet.

WTF?
Old 12-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

just when you thought a thread couldnt get any weirder.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:02 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
just when you thought a thread couldnt get any weirder.
If I posted what I though for real, I would get banned, We're all dying on 12/21... this thread proves it.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:21 PM
berryracer
1st Gear Member

this is a rather hostile forum to a new member seeking advice...
Old 12-15-2012, 11:43 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

just.... don't/

Quick Reply: I screwed up my seat! Help!