Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I screwed up my seat! Help!

Old 12-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Umm, this has gotten a bit strange. A police report for spilling gravy? Are you planning on prosecuting the gravy?

On a more serious note, removing the leather isnt to terribly difficult. You can easily remove it and do some deep cleaning underneath the leather and on the leather itself and have it reassembled in a day. The bottom of the seat does not have airbags in it, the side may but even then if you do the removal right you shouldn't even be near the airbag and even if you are it wont go off without power.

Its really not an insurance matter, its a go clean your car matter.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:45 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by berryracer
this is a rather hostile forum to a new member seeking advice...
Says the guy who filed a CRIMINAL POLICE REPORT because he spilled a condiment on his seat and it isn't clean to his satisfaction. Either:

A. Your stupidity deserves hostility.

B. Epic troll. Well done.

(I'm going with B.)

Originally Posted by Katmandu
That is 100% NOT TRUE at all. I know this from personal experience.

Claims such as this are filed under the Comprehensive portion of one's insurance policy.

My wife and I stopped by a local realtor's office for a few minutes and left our small mutt inside the car (85 Laser). We come out (15) minutes later to find BOTH from seat belts have been TOTALLY chewed apart! Both front seat belts were ruined!

I called my insurance agent (State Farm) and he said it would all be covered under the Comprehensive policy.

IIRC, this was almost a $700 claim.

The only thing you will pay for is your deductible (if you have one).

BTW, I've filed several (4 or 5) claims for broken windshields over the past (25) years and never had to pay one cent out of my pocket. My insurance was never raised and never threatened to be cancelled.
OK I didn't read most of this, but if you're seriously suggesting that this guy carry through with his insurance claim because he spilled a mashed potato side item on his seat... Nevermind, I can't even respond to this level of stupidity.

Last edited by Diabolical!; 12-16-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:36 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

I feel like we have all hopped on to the
Old 12-16-2012, 05:53 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
I feel like we have all hopped on to the
POST of the YEAR!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:09 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

I wrote our gravy friend in PM... I had too.

I laugh at this because of the drama behind it, but this is his first new Mustang and it is only a few weeks old. I tried to talk him off the cliff, and to let him know we're a good group and we only seem hostile because of the, for lack of a better word, stupidity of his post and how far it has gone.

Gotta remember he is from DUBAI, so things and culture is a lot different than the USA. if we can, and I know we can... let's just let it be. It sucks, I have spilled stuff in my cars time and time again... granted, I didn't go to this extreme, but stuff happens.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:34 AM
Uncoolron
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
I wrote our gravy friend in PM... I had too.

I laugh at this because of the drama behind it, but this is his first new Mustang and it is only a few weeks old. I tried to talk him off the cliff, and to let him know we're a good group and we only seem hostile because of the, for lack of a better word, stupidity of his post and how far it has gone.

Gotta remember he is from DUBAI, so things and culture is a lot different than the USA. if we can, and I know we can... let's just let it be. It sucks, I have spilled stuff in my cars time and time again... granted, I didn't go to this extreme, but stuff happens.
I have to agree with this guy.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by berryracer
this is a rather hostile forum to a new member seeking advice...
if you think THIS forum is hostile you have been sheltered from online activity...
stay away from the more hardcore car sites
Old 12-16-2012, 09:07 AM
JimC

Okay, looks like it is time to lock this one. To the original poster, just pull the leather off the bottom cushion and clean it, problem will be solved. Won't affect your side bolster air bags because you won't be touching that part.