Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shifter rattle/buzz. T5 w/saleen block & p/u bushings

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 09:53 PM
CommanderCOOL
2nd Gear Member

Default shifter rattle/buzz. T5 w/saleen block & p/u bushings

Heres the deal. I have a Stock T-5 and put the Saleen short throw adapter block and Prothane polyurethane bushings with a Roush **** on the stock shifter assembly.

I installed everything about 5-6 months ago and has been working flawlessly until the weather has been getting colder.
Before there was a significant amount of rattle under medium acceleration, so I went under the car re-greased everything, tightened everything and the noise disappeared.
Everything was working great and quietly up until a few weeks ago im getting a different high metallic rattle (almost like a baby rattle) sound. It almost sounds like it is grinding a gear but it is very faint. I can even feel it in the handle.
After that, I decided to get under the car again to clean and re-gease, tighten everything even went as far as changing tranny fluid to Amsoil ATF. However, the faint grinding/metallic buzz is still there. It happens intermittently during accelerating and decelerating. It even happens when the car is in neutral while I am braking to a stop. Im am perplexed by this and cant understand why there is still a noise. Its driving me crazy!

I included a video of the noise. I am driving around my neighborhood trying to replicate the noise. At 00:08 seconds you can hear the short small noise and 00:48 seconds, you can hear it very clearly.
here is a link to the video:

Please post any questions have or tell me if I left out anything that can help you guys

Hopefully you guys can help.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:58 PM
CommanderCOOL
2nd Gear Member

anyone?