Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New 2013 GT Just Scared The........

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 07:03 PM
JB04GT
2nd Gear Member

Unhappy My New 2013 GT Just Scared The........

shat out of me.... I was driving home today on the city street doing about 45mph. All of sudden my 2013 GT started pulling hard to the right and then a little to left as though I had blown a tire. I quickly pulled to the side of the street to check for a flat. Nada, nothing, ziltch! I went back inside the car to do a system check and it also said that everything was ok. I then proceeded to the nearest Ford. A technician looked at me as though I was crazy and he set off for a test drive. Long story short, Ford could not duplicate the problem and they gave me back my cars keys looking at me as though I was "high". Has anyone ever experienced something like this? The car has 1600 miles and I have had no other problems in the 5 months of ownership. When the car was brand new it did make a loud banging, clunking sound when going over speed bumps. I am now worried that this will happen on the highway when I'm doing about 70mph. If a car had been beside me, I could have easily gotten into an accident. Lastly, it was not the road I was driving on. Streets here in Valencia, Ca are emaculate. Thoughts?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Sounds like lower control arms, I'd have the dealer or a service shop check them.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 PM
JB04GT
2nd Gear Member

Lower Control Arms! Thanks Zodiac. The dealership just drove the car for about 15 minutes and never put it on a lift. Is there a way to tell if the control arms are bad? Can you see it by just looking at it? I'd hate to get into one of those "battles" with the dealership.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JB04GT
Lower Control Arms! Thanks Zodiac. The dealership just drove the car for about 15 minutes and never put it on a lift. Is there a way to tell if the control arms are bad? Can you see it by just looking at it? I'd hate to get into one of those "battles" with the dealership.
There is a TSB for the LCA's because of the popping, creaking, clunking over speedbumps and such. Don't know if that will cause the pulling, but it may if they are shot.

Not sure if it pertains to the 2013's though.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 PM
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like an advance trac issue to me...
Old 01-05-2013, 12:06 AM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

Long shot here but... do you have alot of junk on your keychain? Way back in theday I used to until one day while turning a key somehow swung up into the wheel and wouldn't let me turn. I jerked the wheel and bent the hell outta of a key then promptly slimmed down my keychains from that day forward to the bare essentials.

If you were turning when it acted up its possible, if you were driving along straight then not too likely.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:33 AM
JB04GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BTR-75
Long shot here but... do you have alot of junk on your keychain? Way back in theday I used to until one day while turning a key somehow swung up into the wheel and wouldn't let me turn. I jerked the wheel and bent the hell outta of a key then promptly slimmed down my keychains from that day forward to the bare essentials.

If you were turning when it acted up its possible, if you were driving along straight then not too likely.
I only have 2 keys on the ring. A house key and a mailbox key. Yes I was driving straight when it happened.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:36 AM
JB04GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DSargent09
Sounds like an advance trac issue to me...
Can you give me some more insight on the advance trac issue? I am going to a different dealership on Monday and these suggestions are excellent instead of just poking around in the dark.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:04 AM
WesleyEng.com
2nd Gear Member

Would of been the perfect time for a dash cam to prove that you're not making it up.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:11 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Interesting, thanks for posting, my only other idea is electronic steering?

Quick Reply: My New 2013 GT Just Scared The........