Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Lift Performance Track-Pack Air Suspension Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 03:58 PM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

Good to see another air'd out S197.

Name:  14848A99-0C66-4ABA-9059-6A599389361D-7423-00000DCCEC557A33.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  525.3 KB

Unfortunately I'm in the process of pulling all my custom parts as I'm getting ready to sell the car.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

No prob Well some tanks, steel, can weigh several pounds more. If weight is your concern then you just buy the components that will give you your savings
Old 01-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SterlingGTVert
Good to see another air'd out S197.

Unfortunately I'm in the process of pulling all my custom parts as I'm getting ready to sell the car.
Ive been on air for about 2 years now Just upgraded finally to some quality performing components

Oh sorry to hear that. Hopefully its to trade it in for a newer or better model?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 AM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

Not really sure what I'm getting next. I'll probably just get something ultra practical(cheap ) now and get back into a Mustang when the new ones come out in a couple years.

If you don't mind, do you have any pics on how you installed your compressors,tanks etc in the coupe? Due to the limited trunk space in my vert, I ended up pulling my spare tire and placing my components in the spare tire well. I was curious to see how you arranged everything in your coupe.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

I dont have any pics since its just thrown in there mounted to a false floor but my 2 tanks (5 gal ea) and the two compressors take up about all the floor. Then I have the big red valves mounted on the drivers side. I mounted a piece of plywood to where the carpet panel mounts and then drilled a hole on the fenderwell flange for stability. Eventually I will get the valves concealed behind the carpet which i still havent put back in.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:10 PM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

Yah it's a pain trying to get all the components in and looking neat and orderly. Do you still have access to your spare tire or no? Do Shelby's even have a spare?.?.

I had two 3gal aluminum tanks, dual viair 400 compressors, the standard Ridetech valve block, and their e3 controller box all mounted on a board under a false floor in the spare tire well. Unless you were familiar with Mustangs, looking in my trunk you'd never know all that crap was hidden under the floor.

Heck I could still get two full sets of golf clubs in my trunk.

Oh and if you know anyone wanting a very nice air ride setup at a good price let me know. It's a pretty trick system as it uses ride height sensors and air pressures rather than just air pressures alone. The system only about 3k miles on it. Heck the whole car only has 5k miles on it...geez I need to get out more.

-Ken
Old 01-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Jay@Hypermotive
Former Sponsor

looks great brother!!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SterlingGTVert
Yah it's a pain trying to get all the components in and looking neat and orderly. Do you still have access to your spare tire or no? Do Shelby's even have a spare?.?.

I had two 3gal aluminum tanks, dual viair 400 compressors, the standard Ridetech valve block, and their e3 controller box all mounted on a board under a false floor in the spare tire well. Unless you were familiar with Mustangs, looking in my trunk you'd never know all that crap was hidden under the floor.

Heck I could still get two full sets of golf clubs in my trunk.

Oh and if you know anyone wanting a very nice air ride setup at a good price let me know. It's a pretty trick system as it uses ride height sensors and air pressures rather than just air pressures alone. The system only about 3k miles on it. Heck the whole car only has 5k miles on it...geez I need to get out more.

-Ken
Hi Ken,

Dont really have access to the spare tire well but Shelbys dont come with a spare tire anyways, just a compressor.

No one off hand, have mine to sell too lol.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Thanks Jay!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

Nice slam, sick looking ride.

Out of curiousity, how long did the install take?
For example, if I were to take a kit to the shop and ask them to install, how many hours would they quote me?

Also, I WAS interested in this setup prior to getting on my KW Variant 1s Coilover kit. But I was told it wouldn't be good (Pressure/compression) on a WINTER DRIVEN vehicle (yay Kanada).
Also, know anyone that daily drives a bag'd mustang?

Quick Reply: Air Lift Performance Track-Pack Air Suspension Installed!!!