Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Lift Performance Track-Pack Air Suspension Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Arrow Air Lift Performance Track-Pack Air Suspension Installed!!!

With almost 2000 miles now on my new "bag-overs", as I like to call them, and all I can say is AWESOME! They handle just like a true coilover but better!
These are the much awaited coilover style front air bag struts with up to 3 degree adjustible camber plates and 30 adjustible dampening settings!

I have had several different suspension types on my Shelby: stock, lowering springs, high performance coilovers, air bags and then these high performance trackable coilover style air bags.

So with several suspension styles I can honestly say that these new coilover style air bags are the best suspension I have ever had in my GT500 hands down!
I especially love the adjustibility of these as its my daily driver and having a quality ride is important not only on the daily grind but also being able to take it to the track and make some simple adjustments to the dampening via a **** at the top of the coilover and have a great track suspension.

Out of curosity I weighed then vs. stock struts and the Air Lift ones are MUCH lighter! Stock is about 19.0 lbs ea and the Air Lift ones are only 13.5 lbs ea! Thats about 11.0 lb total savings! Also, I got a little over 1/2" additional drop from where I was before. Cant get any lower as the fender support is resting on top of the tire!

Here are some pics (sorry but the weather wasnt cooperating and I really wanted to get these installed as you can probably tell lol)

Product Pictures (click on thumbnails for larger images):

Install Pictures:

Show Pictures:
Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 AM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

See your car all over Instagram man. Looks great!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:02 AM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Thanks bro! Im not on instagram...yet. What are the tags?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:13 AM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cobra Drifter
Thanks bro! Im not on instagram...yet. What are the tags?
Oh shoot I had a brain fart. My bad, I got your car confused with BaggedCobra (Nate). Derp moment! -.- lol should be shot for getting you two mixed up xD

Last edited by bigD1515; 01-09-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Where did you get them? Looks real good man.

Matthew
Old 01-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigD1515
Oh shoot I had a brain fart. My bad, I got your car confused with BaggedCobra (Nate). Derp moment! -.- lol should be shot for getting you two mixed up xD
We get mixed up more than a few times lol. Not hard to do

I'll still be getting on instagram soon as I keep getting people telling me (even my daughter sent me a pic of my shelby on there) that Im on there lol
Old 01-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Where did you get them? Looks real good man.

Matthew
Thanks, you can get them any site you can buy air components at but since they are brand new their availability may be limited. Direct from AL for sure though
Old 01-09-2013, 02:20 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

excuse my ignorance, but since their air bags, don't you need a compressor/air tank? or am i completely off on that? it seems like that would negate any weight savings, but then again i suppose thats fine if your not going for 100 percent performance and rather just a good street feel
Old 01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

No worries.

The stock struts and springs are about 19 lbs each. The air lift bag-overs are only 13.5 lbs each complete. So instant weight savings of 11.0 lbs. Now add weight of 2 lbs for a tank, 2 lbs for valves and "maybe" at most 5 lbs for a compressor and you have 9 lbs. So its a slight weight savings for going with fronts only. Now add the weight savings for the rear (not sure yet as need to weigh them when I upgrade those next) and it becomes even more weight savings.

Given that even with only 1-2 lbs different +/-, either way its nothing to stress about IMO. Having better handling on the track can more than make up for any difference.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:58 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cobra Drifter
No worries.

The stock struts and springs are about 19 lbs each. The air lift bag-overs are only 13.5 lbs each complete. So instant weight savings of 11.0 lbs. Now add weight of 2 lbs for a tank, 2 lbs for valves and "maybe" at most 5 lbs for a compressor and you have 9 lbs. So its a slight weight savings for going with fronts only. Now add the weight savings for the rear (not sure yet as need to weigh them when I upgrade those next) and it becomes even more weight savings.

Given that even with only 1-2 lbs different +/-, either way its nothing to stress about IMO. Having better handling on the track can more than make up for any difference.
ah didnt know that the tank and compressor weighed so little. thanks for the enlightenment!

Quick Reply: Air Lift Performance Track-Pack Air Suspension Installed!!!