Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 12:48 PM
ericb214

Default Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner

Hi all! I just bought my first mustang today. 2012 V6 premium. It's slightly used but I saved a ton! Quick question... I'd like to slowly mod my new toy. Would it make sense to tune it before any other mods? I don't want to go nuts... maybe a CAI and exhaust at some point. That delay from when I punch it and when it actually goes drives me nuts. Just looking to get a little more out of the low to mid range RPM's. Any thoughts?

BTW... save this post so you can show it to me after I'm complaining next year about the thousands I've put into endless mods LOL
Old 02-27-2013, 02:31 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the 2012! To reduce the throttle lag, I highly recommend the CAI/Tuner combo!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:08 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ericb214
Hi all! I just bought my first mustang today. 2012 V6 premium. It's slightly used but I saved a ton! Quick question... I'd like to slowly mod my new toy. Would it make sense to tune it before any other mods? I don't want to go nuts... maybe a CAI and exhaust at some point. That delay from when I punch it and when it actually goes drives me nuts. Just looking to get a little more out of the low to mid range RPM's. Any thoughts?

BTW... save this post so you can show it to me after I'm complaining next year about the thousands I've put into endless mods LOL
Congratulations and Welcome to the Mustang Forums! You're going to find a ton of awesome reads and me a lot of great people on this forum. So get out there and enjoy it!

As far as the crappy throttle response, we can definitely fix that within the tune! Your going to fall in love with your new 2012 V6 even more once you throw on a CAI and Bama custom tune. You'll notice a huge gain in Power, Torque, Throttle Response, Drive ability, Gas Mileage, Acceleration and so much more!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Old 02-27-2013, 05:50 PM
ericb214

Thanks for your opinions guys! So you think I should wait until I can buy both at the same time?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:57 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ericb214
Thanks for your opinions guys! So you think I should wait until I can buy both at the same time?
You might save a little $$$ if you package things together, but where you will really save is buying the tuner and tunes from one of the major retailers like AM, Brenspeed, LMR that offer free tunes for life (as long as you buy the parts thru them), so you could get the tuner now, then add on mods and retunes as you go.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:37 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

If money is not an issue, I would say go for the CAI and tuner at the same time. The tuner will come with 3 custom tunes specifically for your car.

If money is an issue, you could order a (Non tune) required CAI and then order the SCT tuner with custom tunes at a later date. From experience, you will not feel much of a performance difference with a stand alone CAI (3-5 HP). The custom tune will provide a majority of the performance gain. If you get the tuner now and purchase a CAI later, you will need to order new custom tunes to work with the CAI. The new tunes will be provided via email from the tuning company. Hope this helps and is not too confusing!