Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 GT Manual Transmission (Possible Issue or Just Touchy)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 05:21 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Would that be a warranty matter to have it fix if there is an issue and would I still be looking at labor charges to have it looked at?
Your service manager can provide you with this info when you contact them for your appointment, DocSnickers.

Deysha
Old 03-01-2013, 09:28 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Even the cost to have it looked at to start with? Last time I had it in for them to take a look at its suspension they charged me 150 bucks.
They charged you $150 to LOOK at a car under WARRANTY????
Old 03-01-2013, 10:13 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mapitts
They charged you $150 to LOOK at a car under WARRANTY????
^^This....If I were you, I'd be going back to that dealer and DEMAND your money back. They just ripped you off.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Katmandu
2nd Gear Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by sbradle4
^^This....If I were you, I'd be going back to that dealer and DEMAND your money back. They just ripped you off.
X2!! They ripped you off!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:18 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

FordCustomerService where are you?? The OP's dealership should be shut down for stuff like this. If they have done this to him, how many others have been shafted by this crook? Ford has a FAITHFUL FOLLOWING with people on this forum. I wonder how many other dealerships practice this without many of us knowing?? Ford wants us to buy their cars and then try any way possible to deny that there is a problem, try and void your warranty, and a whole host of other things. A lot of times it is like dealing with the IRS for a Mustang owner. Presumed guilty when you walk in the door with something wrong. Then you wonder why we do not want us to take our cars in for any host of reasons. I know of an individual on this forum right now that is having a problem with his car. It is such a problem that everybody and his brother can find the TSB on it. He took his car into the local dealer. They could not find the problem because of no CEL or code present. Lazy or stupid which one? They also could not find the TSB on it. Again lazy or stupid? They could however find a TSB that rolled the problem back to him. Only problem with that is that would cover 95% of the vehicles Ford sold would be showing up with this. I know that a lot of dealerships are reputable one's, but not everyone has access to those. I am certainly in the boat where my local dealerships are about as usless as they can be or get. To the above post about being charged to look at something while a car is under a bumper to bumper warranty I have one thing to say. If I had a son that did that I would beat his a$$ for STEALING.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by mapitts
FordCustomerService where are you??
Thank you for your input and concern, mapitts. I've already requested this customer's info so I can get it escalated. Everything will be addressed once I get the info.

Deysha