Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations for a Full Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 08:55 PM
USMCSKYLINE
1st Gear Member

Default Recommendations for a Full Suspension?

I have a 2010 Mustang Gt and I've been looking at suspensions.

I bought this Eibach Suspension but unfortuneatly it's "backordered" and according to Stage 3 Eibach is out until Late March. I just ended up getting a refund.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/200...stem-Plus.html

I thought that suspension look pretty good and over @ American Muscle it has great reviews. It drops 1.3 on front and 1.5 rear. To me that's pretty good but I wouldn't mind going lower. What do you all think? Should I just wait and buy that eibach suspension? What's your set up? I'll get relocation brackets later on but for now I purchased these suppporting mods for my suspension.

BMR Panhard Bar
BMR Brace
Ford GT500 Strut Mounts
Eibach Camber Bolts

Last edited by USMCSKYLINE; 02-28-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I am on eibach sportlines and eibach shocks/struts and I love them - they are mild enough for daily use, the perfect amount of drop, and nearly eliminated the brake dive/nose rise issues I was noticing. I've hit plenty of twisty roads on them and I really have full confidence in this car. they'll be seeing the track for the first time this Summer - I hope I am still impressed with this setup.

I went with a BMR adjustable panhard bar as well, but went with MM caster/camber plates instead of the gt500 setup. I don't feel the need to pickup sway bars, my car already feels very neutral and where I want it.

I'd personally wait it out. I am very pleased with them. it was either these or steeda's and I chose these to go lower, and I'm glad I did. everyone thinks I am on coilovers. : P
Old 03-01-2013, 02:02 AM
USMCSKYLINE
1st Gear Member

Wow that's the perfect set up!!

I have the same Boss Splitter as you along with the Roush Side Splitters but I have the now rare Saleen Grille. Any scraping on the front? How's the ride quality?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

the ride quality is excellent, as comfortable as OEM. compared to the brembo pkg suspension setup, it's less bouncy, a little more firm, but not bone-shattering firm. it recovers from smaller bumps much faster and feels great, but you'll feel the larger holes/bumps more since there is not as much travel.

I love the saleen grill - I prefer it over the roush, but both look excellent!

very rarely - I do hit a drive way that is too steep, even at an angle, and my splitter will bottom out or scrape. it is very durable though and it can take the abuse, and you can't see any of the scrape marks. it is bolted in so many places, very solid piece. I have no issues navigating around Seattle with this setup.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Mvp6905

speaking of suspension i have an 06 gt with ford racing p springs and it feels a bit bouncy i have stock struts and shocks is it just me? or the oem struts/shocks, or the springs. or all of the above i would like to eliminate the bounciness.

Posted from MustangForums.com App for Android
Old 03-01-2013, 02:33 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

You will get much more advice in the handling section where this belongs.

OP, for nearly the same money, you could do much better, call Sam Strano. He has a sale on koni sports (way way way better than the eibach non adj shocks).

Mvp - ur stock shocks are why it's bouncy, get better shocks and the bounce will go away.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

way way way better, because you've ridden on them? or because someone told you? I'd leave it to those that have experienced both before making comments like that.

they are great struts/shocks for the money, and not everyone needs adjustability. koni's with adjustability will run you a lot more, and it's worth it to a lot of folks, but that's for everyone to decide on their own.

the koni non adjustables carry a better warranty for sure and cost comparably, and a lot of track junkies swear by them.. but that is not me, I am a daily driver that rarely sees the track. I enjoy my setup and I feel confident eibach produced an excellent combination with their own products. I am sure I would have been equally as happy with the koni str. t's, though.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:40 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

Hmm...

Well, maybe I threw in too many "way".

I've never ridden on the eibach shocks. However, I was repeating what I've been told in phone conversations with a person that sells eibachs, Steeda, koni, etc. and this same person has won national autocross championships and he says the koni sports are much/way better. They are on sale now, 150 bucks off and so are more affordable. He recommended the koni streets based on my goals and budget. I am very happy with my results so I guess I believe him when he says the sports are better than the eibachs. I'm trying to share info so the OP can make an informed decision. If ur saying I can't comment on something I personally haven't driven, that's dumb as I'm sure you haven't personally driven every spring shock combo either, plus you are on sport line springs and not eibach pro springs. You are very happy with your suspension and I'm happy with mine. One can speak intelligently and accurately about something even though they personally haven't experienced it.

Last edited by UrS4; 03-01-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I don't think it had anything to do with how many times you said way - but it does have everything to do with taking a dump on another quality product without having experience with it - I don't think you're really in a qualified position to do that, it's not fair.

on the contrary, I am sharing my opinion with a product I have experience with, and I am still speaking highly of the products I opted not to go with, because I have seen dozens of folks happy with koni str.t / koni sports. I even suggested a local mustang owner go with koni sports this past weekend when he inquired about my suspension setup, after hearing his goals (drifting his daily driver, track use etc), the adjustability made sense for him.

re: sport lines vs pros .. the OP said he was considering going lower, and asked what we were riding on. it was entirely relevant to the conversation.

said my piece - bowing out of the thread now.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:13 AM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

Fair enough Entaille, fair enough.

OP, Eibach makes a quality product, most of the ford racing stuff is eibach sourced. Many, many people are very happy with their complete suspension kits. Entaille, has real life experience so at the very least you will get actual relevant feedback about that product. When I was looking for a suspension upgrade, I was advised to go a different route based on my goals for the car.

Since I don't know what your goals are, I will only say, I like my set up.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for a Full Suspension?