Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you like to mod?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 10:37 PM
The01Cav
2nd Gear Member

I just try to do a little bit at a time, I basically see what I can afford at the time and work around that. I currently have saved up to purchase a hood and a ground effects kit for the car. Maybe i'll also try to squeeze in some painted mirror caps as well. As you can see in my signature though I don't have too much done on the car.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Sethman29
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all your replies. Much appreciated! New exhaust, or new suspension first.... Hmm.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

I tend to do one project at a time, and typically start with cosmetics before performance, but ONLY to milk the factory warranty as long as I can.

Once I'm confident in the general properties of the vehicle - I'll slowly start on the performance.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:53 PM
theczar
2nd Gear Member

all depends. i'm planning on changing my upper & lower grilles, adding a fog light relocation kit, and new chin splitter....almost all require removing the front bumper and all require removing the OEM chin splitter. i'm saving all of them up to do them all at once (bought 1 a month while my car is being stored). but usually its just one at a time as i have money to buy the next thing.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Sethman29
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff
I tend to do one project at a time, and typically start with cosmetics before performance, but ONLY to milk the factory warranty as long as I can.

Once I'm confident in the general properties of the vehicle - I'll slowly start on the performance.
You and i have that in common sir lol. Thats an awesome c/s you have!! Is that paint on your hood or some sort of graphics kit? Im diggin it!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:00 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Modding a car is a journey.....take your time to enjoy the ride.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:18 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Modding a car is a journey.....take your time to enjoy the ride.
I'm learning this right now. I made a post not even a couple weeks ago about my suspension build and I've already decided to cut my shopping list in half until I can really tell that I need to upgrade. My build list had a bunch of parts on it that I quite honestly didn't (and for the most part still don't) understand what the impact would be by adding them. The abilities of my car exceed my own driving abilities.

I'm with a lot of people in this thread, I'm trying to learn my car first and then mod a little bit at a time. This of course applies to performance...for appearance I want to buy everything at once!
Old 03-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Fresh_GT
2nd Gear Member

Though I basically know what I want, I've always ended up pricing, planning, purchasing and installing each mod before moving onto the next. It keeps things simple, and slow enough for me to save up, and buy the parts I really want when they are on sale while and not have a ton of parts boxes laying around. Doesn't feel slow, just enjoying each mod till I get the itch again.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Sethman29
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CMcNam
I'm learning this right now. I made a post not even a couple weeks ago about my suspension build and I've already decided to cut my shopping list in half until I can really tell that I need to upgrade. My build list had a bunch of parts on it that I quite honestly didn't (and for the most part still don't) understand what the impact would be by adding them. The abilities of my car exceed my own driving abilities.

I'm with a lot of people in this thread, I'm trying to learn my car first and then mod a little bit at a time. This of course applies to performance...for appearance I want to buy everything at once!
Man i don't think i could have said that better myself. That's my mindset to the T! I drive responsibly but i'm not skilled enough to push this car to its absolute limits in all areas. And like you said there are alot of parts im still studying because i dont understand some of their applications. But nonetheless i enjoy studying about the vehicle and the wide variety of aftermarket parts available to make. Appearence mods are calling for me right now! As for performance i'd like to wait my warranty out... But surely i will get to some bolt ons. By the way thats a gorgeous grey car! Im loving that paint.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:50 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sethman29
Man i don't think i could have said that better myself. That's my mindset to the T! I drive responsibly but i'm not skilled enough to push this car to its absolute limits in all areas. And like you said there are alot of parts im still studying because i dont understand some of their applications. But nonetheless i enjoy studying about the vehicle and the wide variety of aftermarket parts available to make. Appearence mods are calling for me right now! As for performance i'd like to wait my warranty out... But surely i will get to some bolt ons. By the way thats a gorgeous grey car! Im loving that paint.
Thanks! I loved it at first sight.

Quick Reply: How do you like to mod?