Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my double din installed!! :)

Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Default Finally got my double din installed!! :)

Hey guys I finally got it installed with the scosche unit and I love it. I got a ddx719, it's a good unit, unforchantly video doesn't work with my iPhone 5 audio does tho :/ but anywho I love it. A member off here gave me the scosche kit for a great price and wrapped, I want my center wrapped soon too

Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Looks really nice (minus sideways first pic)

Would look better if you could reverse the locations of the Nav & AC controls IMO. Still looks nice though.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Menace
Looks really nice (minus sideways first pic)

Would look better if you could reverse the locations of the Nav & AC controls IMO. Still looks nice though.
Thanks dude! It's sideways? It's straight on my end lol
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Yeah first pic is sideways, second is good on my end.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:46 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Looks good dude.....nice install.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:55 AM
WesleyEng.com
2nd Gear Member

Unless your headunit has a HDMI port, you won't be able to TV out from the iphone 5, because for some reason apple took away it's ability to TV out with the RCA adapter. I stream all my videos through my 160gb ipod classic using the original 30 pin to RCA connector.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:48 AM
bones302
2nd Gear Member

make sure you check to see what version software you are running on the scosche kit. if you are running io 48, you should call scosche to have it updated.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Never was a big Kenwood head unit fan but that one looks pretty slick! Nice V1 too, hard to believe those things cost roughly the same hahaha
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

The parrot unit in this crutchfield magazine I was sent looks pretty sleek/nice too. I have an eclipse avn726e. It does the job.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:36 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WesleyEng.com
Unless your headunit has a HDMI port, you won't be able to TV out from the iphone 5, because for some reason apple took away it's ability to TV out with the RCA adapter. I stream all my videos through my 160gb ipod classic using the original 30 pin to RCA connector.
The new lighting cable offers digital video and audio when before it was just digital audio and analog video, this is why it doesn't work, and new cable needs to made hopefully soon lol

Originally Posted by bones302
make sure you check to see what version software you are running on the scosche kit. if you are running io 48, you should call scosche to have it updated.
Yes it's updated, when I updated the one I had I burned the screen out somehow and was freaking out, I called scosche and they helped me out and replaced it for me even tho I got it somewhere else..It only took a week turn around, i am very happy with thier customer service.

Originally Posted by whosniffedme
Never was a big Kenwood head unit fan but that one looks pretty slick! Nice V1 too, hard to believe those things cost roughly the same hahaha
This kenwood is great it has a lot of good reviews, I did mega research before I got a head unit lol and yes it's funny my 400$ V1 cost what my head unit almost is lol. Thanks tho I love my v1 best radar hands down, I've had it for 5 years and it still works like its brand new!

Originally Posted by Menace
The parrot unit in this crutchfield magazine I was sent looks pretty sleek/nice too. I have an eclipse avn726e. It does the job.
I didn't get one yet prolly soon , I was looking at eclipse but decided on kenwood.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally got my double din installed!! :)