Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Spoiler /w Camera & Rear View

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

I have the V6 with Nav, I already put the camera spoiler on mine but there is no harness that I have been able to find in the trunk. So I have to make a Harness or find one that will work and put it in.
People on other web sites have used a F-150 harness to connect it, just have to find out if there are any other issues in hooking it up to the Nav unit.
Or anyone that has found the harness in the trunk, where was it located?
Old 05-08-2013, 04:21 AM
MstyBlu

Smile

Originally Posted by BairdGT
Yea, they gotta program it to accept the camera, but the parts they ordered are the same ones you'd get when you do "build & price".

The tech that looked at it said from what they looked up all the wiring is there except for the rear view mirror.. If I had navi there wouldnt be any issues as the wiring goes to where the navi would be but no wiring up by the rear view so they gotta create a harness to go from under the dash up into the roof and to the rear view mirror..

The GM, Sales Manager and Operations Manager are all sitting down to discuss this issue as the Sales Manager (one who signed when i bought the vehicle) has the same concern as me.. they said 95% chance it'll work but that's not a 100% gaurantee and from everyone they've talked too I'm the first person ever to have the camera installed after getting the car and not having it built from factory he's like I don't like the idea of your brand new purchase basically being a test dummy to see if this works..
I hope you gave the the car back and got a 2014 with the goodies
Old 05-08-2013, 11:14 AM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

Naw car is finished they had to order like $400 in wiring lol (insulated and heatshielded) and wired car from trunk to rear view works great...

I thought about trading it in but I put too much into it already I can live without nav for now and most likely will just go aftermarket unless I feel creative and follow the howto on here on hoe to put oem navi in...

currently have roush uppergrille, roush axleback and bama tune installed with barton 2pc short shifter sitting beside me and waiting for my JBA xpipe to arrive .. I looked at the 14s and there is just slight appearance differences that I can tell and I already swapped out that upper grille and soon to be putting roush lower grille on..other then that I didnt really notice a difference between 13 and 14..

may end up trading in for a 15 depending on how they look but ive gotten to love my car enough that just trading it in because of this issue isnt a top choice of decisions to be made, I'm just glad its all over and done with!!

Only thing I wish I would have checked before buying was the stock tires.. not a huge fan of max summer all season tires its a 420hp muscle car dont give it like Corolla tires lol but I may go with Michelin PSS soon...

also anyone know if the "stock" rims come in other sizes I got 19" machined aluminum ones and debating staggered but love my rims and would love to keep that style if possible..
Old 05-09-2013, 05:11 AM
MstyBlu

I am glad it all worked out for you. You might want to look at the GT500 wheels.... I think they are all staggered though.

Name:  image_zpsf263b5fa.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  166.3 KB