Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension parts showed up today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 07:59 PM
vossen wheels
Former Sponsor

That stance looks killer! Love the front splitter too!
Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 PM
vixr
2nd Gear Member

Bedded the splitter to the spoiler with some silicone...

Old 05-17-2013, 11:41 AM
vixr
2nd Gear Member

Well, after some weeks of driving, I am pretty satisfied with the way the car is set up. Before the suspension mods I would get the car rolling in first and hammer it and after a moment it would break loose...the rear end would start to drift to the left, and I would try to feather the throttle, but I was never able to do it consistently so I would usually end up backing out of it with the rear end slightly to the left and the car would snap back to the right. The body roll seemed to make it worse...I think that I could have lost control pretty easily, by either staying in it just a second too long and spinning or over correcting and spinning the other way. But, now the body roll is gone and the car wants to track nice and straight with the wheels spinning. It will start to torque left and then come back to the right and then go left again, resulting in a very shallow fish tail that feels more controlled. I can shift to second with the tires still spinning and the fish tail gets even shallower. Traction seems to be the main issue now since I can maintain the wheel spin in second all the way to the redline, without drifting left or right. Third just gives a nice chirp and hooks up, by then I'm close to 90 MPH. If I could get the tires to hook up instead of spinning...I've been running in sport mode.
The overall impression I have of the suspension mods is that it was worth every penny I spent. Minimal body roll, the rear end stays put better, the car sits level now...I had a little oversteer before and that seems to have stayed about the same, I hear a bit more tire noise and the front end is way stiffer. Ride quality has suffered more than I hoped (stiffer) and I can hear a subtle gear whine if I coast in 6th, but I cant tell if its in the tranny or the rear end. I only have 6000 miles on the stock tires so I have a good bit of time to drive the car this way before my wife lets me buy new tires. I'm thinking of some brake upgrades next, and then on to CAI and a tune.

Last edited by vixr; 05-17-2013 at 11:45 AM.