Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Mustang GT Grinding Gears

Old 03-28-2013, 06:58 PM
playerone

Default 2010 Mustang GT Grinding Gears

Straight out of the Ford dealer ship, where the service manager and the ford field engineer state "Operating as designed"

Old 03-28-2013, 06:59 PM
playerone

Links to 2 service documents in you tube description
Old 03-29-2013, 07:05 PM
playerone

bump,

Anyone have any contacts at ford corporate, so I can actually get this resolved?
Old 03-30-2013, 01:53 AM
draxxus131
1st Gear Member

There is a young Ford Rep somewhere around one of these sights floating around she goes by the name Deysha on mustangsource.com . She's a really cool person just make a thread on that website under warranty/service issue. She can most likely help you out.

I wish you the best of luck, Excelsior.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:44 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

sounds normal to me dude
i have a 2007 v6 manual thats only gone 12k miles..mines sounds the same..if i'm right the gearboxes on these cars are made in china...
imho the gearbox on these stangs is about the worst manual box i have ever had..all my other cars have had a silky smooth gear change..
i say thats the way it is i'm affraid
Old 03-31-2013, 12:03 AM
20binafd
1st Gear Member

its not the gearbox, that stock shifter is just a little rough around the edges. If it bothers you so much, look into a MGW shifter, I hear its a great upgrade to the stock shifter. Also don't try to shift into first while moving, that might be your issue. And no, the tremec isn't made in china, don't know what Rudolf is smoking.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:16 AM
slickman
5th Gear Member

I will bet this is a the clutch line. I had a problem very much like this only at high RPM. I'm not sure if the clutch line going to the slave cyl is the same diamater in 2010 but in 2008 it was too small. Its only like .178 ID which did not allow enough fluid to move the clutch fast enough under some conditions. I replace it with a after market that was .250 ID and the problem was gone totally.

If you have the clutch depressed all the way, not moving very fast or at all, it should not grind at all. Which is what it looks like to me, your being very easy and slow with it.

Just a thought to look into, simple and inexpensive fix. Other than that, it sounds like it a clutch issues for sure...

Last edited by slickman; 03-31-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:37 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by playerone
bump,
Anyone have any contacts at ford corporate, so I can actually get this resolved?
Hello playerone,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I’d like to escalate this to the customer service manager for your area. Please make an appointment and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Originally Posted by draxxus131
There is a young Ford Rep somewhere around one of these sights floating around she goes by the name Deysha on mustangsource.com . She's a really cool person just make a thread on that website under warranty/service issue. She can most likely help you out.

I wish you the best of luck, Excelsior.
Thanks for the mention, draxxus131!

Deysha
Old 04-03-2013, 03:32 PM
playerone

Keevis, Angela (A.)
3:53 PM (34 minutes ago)

to me
John,

Due to having a Field Service Engineer involved and advising that is a normal operating concern I can only suggest that you return to your selling dealer. As I am not able to provide any additional assistance. Also additional information is available in your owner’s manual about your consumer rights.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:56 PM
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

as a fellow owner of a 2010 mustang gt manual i can tell you that that is NOT normal with absolute certainty.

wheres you clutch engagement point at?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang GT Grinding Gears