Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 hour detailing then lady backs into my door.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 01:02 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by White05GT
I wonder if one of those paintless dent removal services could fix that. Doesn't look like the paint is cracked and might buff out after the dent is fixed. At least she let you know.

Love that color, good luck with the repair.

If the paint isn't damaged too badly those dent repair guys can work miracles.
I would much rather have that done than to have a body shop repaint the panel.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:59 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

I dont think that is something they are gonna get out. The guy that worked on my car was good. He got out stuff I didnt see until he pointed them out with his mirrors.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Aww damn sorry to hear about this. As one GHIG owner to another it hurts to see this. Hopefully she gets fixed quickly and back to perfect!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:37 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, good news is I live close to a shop that does nothing but 1964-2013 Mustangs. So I will just be taking her in for more than just exhaust work this week.....

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Aww damn sorry to hear about this. As one GHIG owner to another it hurts to see this. Hopefully she gets fixed quickly and back to perfect!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:30 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Just got back from the Allstate claims office and they priced out the damage done to my door. Looks like its going to run StateFarm $2,024 in damages not as expensive as I thought it would be. Bad news is I will be without the mustang for a week or so.

Body shop has to take off the door skin, 5.0 call outs, front and rear bumper, quater panel window, font and real lights on the driver side. So they can get a correct paint match.

Here is my question on the paint, since they will have to match it will they be putting the enamel back on the paint like the factory did or will they do something else? I prefer the harder paint over softer paints.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:05 PM
aleit2013
1st Gear Member

Good to hear its getting taken care of. $2k is about what i would have guessed.. maybe a little more just because of the color.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:44 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Looks like its going to run StateFarm $2,024 in damages not as expensive as I thought it would be. Bad news is I will be without the mustang for a week or so.

Body shop has to take off the door skin, 5.0 call outs, front and rear bumper, quater panel window, font and real lights on the driver side. So they can get a correct paint match.
Bull... those body shops only do that to increase cash flow into their pockets. It's a newer car, paint would not have faded that much in the time you have had it. You probably won't even see a difference. I had a mishap with mine, it was 5 years old at the time, and my painter painted it and fixed it, and you don't see any difference at all.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Justice
Bull... those body shops only do that to increase cash flow into their pockets. It's a newer car, paint would not have faded that much in the time you have had it. You probably won't even see a difference. I had a mishap with mine, it was 5 years old at the time, and my painter painted it and fixed it, and you don't see any difference at all.
The insurance company claims office quoted the price, not the body shop.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:10 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Another update the body shop thinks they can take the dent out without taking everything off. They would rather do that to keep the car running with its original factory door. I told them its a show car and has to be perfect. So they are going to try to pull it and make it perfect. They want me to come in to take a look before they spray the paint if I don't like it they will order the replacements all under the quoted price from Allstate.

Reason the guy at Allstate thought taking the skin off was the fact that car doors are very thin these days. Worried that heating and then shrinking the metal back down may make it to brittle. We will see in a few days I guess if its going to work or not.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:03 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

So here are pictures the body shop sent me with the dent pulled out. What do you guys think worth it to proceed or replace the whole door skin?

Quick Reply: 3 hour detailing then lady backs into my door.