Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheapest TPMS sensor package

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Default Cheapest TPMS sensor package

Im planning on getting new rims, and i want to sell my old rims , most likely with the TPMS sensors still on them so i dont have to dismount and remount the tires and sell them without the sensors.

Whats the best TPMS sensor package that will work for 2011's? Any alternatives? I suppose i dont really need the sensors but I dont want a check engine light on.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

personally, I am transferring the tpms to my new setup and just leaving the tires dismounted from the old set.

honestly, you can get more from wheels and tires by selling them separately. your tire set up won't work for everyone .. so it can deter some buyers.. and everyone expects tires to be dirt cheap if they are already mounted on wheels.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
personally, I am transferring the tpms to my new setup and just leaving the tires dismounted from the old set.

honestly, you can get more from wheels and tires by selling them separately. your tire set up won't work for everyone .. so it can deter some buyers.. and everyone expects tires to be dirt cheap if they are already mounted on wheels.
that may be the best thing to do, ill consider that, thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Shop TPMS
Former Sponsor

As long as you don't purchase from a dealer, you should be just fine with purchasing OEM sensors from other aftermarket vendors. In the long run, you may spend $10 or more per tire to swap out your sensors and later when you want to swap it back in, you'll be spending another $10 or more per tire.

OEM/Schrader
http://www.shoptpms.com/Ford_Lincoln...MS_p/st079.htm
Old 04-26-2013, 01:21 AM
thepartsman

Default New Sensors from OE Manufacturer (to Forum Members)

For any of you in need of new or replacement sensors, our company made up a special set for Mustangs when I bought new wheels for my 2010 pony. They are unique in that we can "clone" the original ones from the vehicle, plus the are from the original and first OEM of valve stems.

If you just want to add an extra set of wheels (winter, drags, etc) you can reset them to reflect the original ID number (from the OE part). When you switch the wheels, the MIL light goes out because the car thinks they are the original sensors. If you just want to move up in wheel size, clone the original information to our new sensors and you again don't have to worry about reprogramming when you put the new ones on.

Remember that if you buy sensors off the internet, you will still need to have them reprogramed before they will work. This will add up to $100 dollars or more to the cost of the sensors, plus your still have to add the cost for labor to install. Don't fall for the $$40 reprograming tools that some offer with their sensor packages, they do not reprogram but rather simply turn them off and on. The principal and theory is your new sensor will be picked up by the car after driving for a while, once its recycled. This never works!!! Take it from a technician and engineer specializing in TPMS equipment, cars aren't that smart and they can't figure out the proper placement (coordinating tire to car location) for the computer.

You do still need a small programming pad for ours, but it simply hooks to your computer via a USB cord (included). It allows you to go to our website and download the OE sensor software for your specific car, in only about 30 seconds. You then click and move the info into our blank sensor, along with the original serial number from the OE sensor. You can likewise do anything you want in the future, simply by going back online for another reset, whenever the need arises.

If you are not following all of this you can contact us and we will be glad to explain in greater detail. This may not be the cheapest option on a single vehicle, unless you are going to pay retail for a shop to install new sensors and then do the resetting procedure for you. Our Clone-Able Sensors are about $55 each and the mouse pad reprogramming tool is about $150 (a one time purchase). Again, this may sound expensive but you only buy the pad once and then its free to use over and over, forever. If you have friends or belong to a club you can split the cost of tool and use the website at no additional costs, ever. Additionally, when you need new sensors on other cars because the batteries die, just purchase more blanks, download free software and you are ready to install.

If you might want to purchase a full blown reprogramming tool, we are the OEM and number one in the world. There are three options and the best unit does not cost $2500 as mentioned in one of the posts on this site.

Our Base Unit (Reader Only)... $250
Top End Reprograming Tool... $600 (No pad required)
Top End Full OBDII Reprogramming Tool... $1100 (No pad required)

(Note: These tools work on all vehicles, not just Mustangs)

Here are the sites, for more info on all of the above programs and products.

www.ateqTPMStool.com
www.UniversalTPMSsensor.com
www.GWRauto.com

Gary (The Parts Man)

1(800) 266-4497
Best time to call tech line is 1pm to 8pm EST
Old 04-26-2013, 06:38 AM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

^ Funny.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/tpms-fullkit-2010.html

These work and have for 4 years now
Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by thepartsman

Remember that if you buy sensors off the internet, you will still need to have them reprogramed before they will work. This will add up to $100 dollars or more to the cost of the sensors, plus your still have to add the cost for labor to install. Don't fall for the $$40 reprograming tools that some offer with their sensor packages, they do not reprogram but rather simply turn them off and on.
Really?? Sounds like a bunch of BS as I bought "internet" sensors and the $25 OEM tool when I installed new wheels and guess what, they programmed perfectly and have been installed for a couple years now without any TPMS lights popping up on the dash.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Mayberry40
2nd Gear Member

I got my universal sensors from AM for less than half what the stealership wanted.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:07 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Doogie65
Really?? Sounds like a bunch of BS as I bought "internet" sensors and the $25 OEM tool when I installed new wheels and guess what, they programmed perfectly and have been installed for a couple years now without any TPMS lights popping up on the dash.
That is what I say. BS. $100 at the stealer ship. Yea right. Maybe in Florida.
Mis-information to get them to buy from them...

That $40 tool works like a champ and low air pressure sets
off the TPMS so it is working correctly.
Just turns them on/off. Yea right.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=71&viewfile...20Training.pdf
Attached Thumbnails Cheapest TPMS sensor package-lfsux.jpg