Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test drove a 2014 5.0 today - Woah

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 03:12 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zevox
If you can be happy with a 2012, I had to buy a '14, and live near-ish Daytona Beach then go by Gary Yeomans Ford. They had like 20 2012's in GT Premium, RS1, and RS2 styling. I wanted to pick up an RS2 but they didn't want to come off the discounted price more and a Roush doesn't impress me all that much.
I think I'll follow what cariacou stated and wait for the 2015 specs to see if I REALLY have to have a 2015, though I still am weary of purchasing a new model in it's first year.

I'm not in the market for RS1 or RS2 styles because more than likely, they're out of my price range. I'll definitely check out Yeomans though as I'll be potentially setting my range to the entire state of Florida. I just have a preference for 2013s because in stock form the body seems to flow more so than the 2011 but I know I can change that. The girlfriend finally purchased a 2013 Focus so I had a chat with the salesman and will be contacting him later this year as the dealership next to me is always on the look for mustang trade ins. Would be a good place to start.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Stangette

Have you seen the pics of the concept for the 15's?
Old 05-12-2013, 12:19 AM
ImminentRueage

I'd like to chime in on this subject. I was debating the same thing....wait for '15 for all of these exciting new things that are supposed to be coming or get a '14 now. When it comes down to it though, I'm getting rid of my '10 SHO Taurus for this exact reason...it was the first MY and had many issues that are getting cleared up in the later MY's. I had always told myself i would never get the first few years of a refresh on a car after hearing about all the issues the early 11th gen F-150's had(back when i was in a pickup phase).

IMO get a '14 since they are as proven as this gen of mustang will get, then in a few years when the s550 has had some time to mature, make the switch to a '17 or '18 or something.

As with the '10 SHO Taurus, the '15 s550 is introducing a LOT of new things and with these new things comes a lot of 'kink's' that will need to be worked out.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:02 AM
HBGT

First year cars have never really been a problem with Mustangs. It's their flagship car. They throw a lot of engineering and marketing at them to prove their worth. Early adoption of new platforms were only ever bested by cosmetic changes in the later years.

With that, I sincerely hope they introduce Direct Injection in the '15. If they wait a year or two I may not want another Mustang by then.

Last edited by HBGT; 05-12-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:22 AM
Zevox

Originally Posted by MadStang40
I think I'll follow what cariacou stated and wait for the 2015 specs to see if I REALLY have to have a 2015, though I still am weary of purchasing a new model in it's first year.

I'm not in the market for RS1 or RS2 styles because more than likely, they're out of my price range. I'll definitely check out Yeomans though as I'll be potentially setting my range to the entire state of Florida. I just have a preference for 2013s because in stock form the body seems to flow more so than the 2011 but I know I can change that. The girlfriend finally purchased a 2013 Focus so I had a chat with the salesman and will be contacting him later this year as the dealership next to me is always on the look for mustang trade ins. Would be a good place to start.
I agree with you. Worst case you pick up a'14 for a deal. I had planned on doing this but impatience got me. The reason I mentioned the'12s and Roush's is because of price but, IMO, '13s look better and a Roush is kind of a waste unless you really dig the looks.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:58 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ImminentRueage
I'd like to chime in on this subject. I was debating the same thing....wait for '15 for all of these exciting new things that are supposed to be coming or get a '14 now. When it comes down to it though, I'm getting rid of my '10 SHO Taurus for this exact reason...it was the first MY and had many issues that are getting cleared up in the later MY's. I had always told myself i would never get the first few years of a refresh on a car after hearing about all the issues the early 11th gen F-150's had(back when i was in a pickup phase).

IMO get a '14 since they are as proven as this gen of mustang will get, then in a few years when the s550 has had some time to mature, make the switch to a '17 or '18 or something.

As with the '10 SHO Taurus, the '15 s550 is introducing a LOT of new things and with these new things comes a lot of 'kink's' that will need to be worked out.

And actually, I made up my mind on this topic over the weekend. My girlfriend purchased a 2013 Focus and there was already a minor issue with the transmission and excessive grinding at low rpms in low gears (new Dual Clutch Transmission) and she took it into the shop. It seems a lot better now but it's convinced me that I don't want to be the guy that has to take his brand new baby into the shop once every couple of months due to new technology curves.

So I'll be picking up either a barely used or brand new 2014 here at the end of the year if I can hold out that long. Looking to pick one up in the end of December (end of month, end of year, and in the middle of winter) to try and get the best deal possible, unless my willpower bends in the fall. Here's hoping to avoid the latter.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:08 PM
amyhughes
1st Gear Member

Here in Michigan dealers let their stock of Mustangs run low in the winter. I'm told nobody buys a Mustang in the winter. Really? Do people purchase cars based on current driving conditions? Is there not going to be snow again next year?

Anyway, I was sure I wanted a white Mustang, but over the winter the Deep Impact Blue grew on me, and in February I bought one of the two Mustangs in stock the whole winter at the local dealer.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:19 PM
ImminentRueage

@MadStang40 Glad to hear you are going with a '14. I think it's a wiser choice, even if it might not be quite as fun of a choice.

@amyhughes A LOT of people buy exactly that way. They will purchase a car based on the current season and 5-6 months down the road realize they should have gotten something more practical for winter or more fun for the summer...I live in South Dakota and we get some pretty decent snowfall here as well.

My first car was a Mustang that I drove for 4 years; summer and winter. I've had a pickup and an AWD SHO Taurus since then and I'm ready to get back into a Mustang. I plan to drive it year-round. I will probably run a set of Blizzak's on my stock rims and find something aftermarket to throw a set of summer performance tires on.

Having said all of that, a RWD "muscle car" is not something I feel everyone should drive in the winter months. I travel 45 miles every day to work and this winter I saw tons of FWD/AWD cars, pickups, SUV's etc. in the ditch while I went flying by in my car with no issue at all keeping myself on the road. It all comes down the driver....I mean cops have been driving RWD cars for YEARS in the snow and they seem to manage for the most part. Of course, some people shouldn't be allowed to drive ANY car ANY time of the year, yet the DMV somehow let them get their license...