Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Snake bumper, hood, paint cost

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 05:02 PM
RWDtech
1st Gear Member

Default Super Snake bumper, hood, paint cost

I just had a bunch of scratches put into the hood of my car by my absent minded mother when I went to visit this weekend. She felt really bad about it and will pay the cost of getting the hood repainted. The scratches are through the clear coat..

So anyway...i may just use the money towards doing a super snake hood and bumper conversion on my 2013 GT. I really love that hood. I'm looking for anyone that has done the conversion and how much the parts and paint all cost. Just trying to get an idea of how much this will cost... I can install the bumper myself. Looking for pictures too!! Thanks guys!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:48 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

May I ask how in the world she did that?
Old 05-05-2013, 10:04 PM
06gtman

"polishing the hood"? ha ha
Old 05-05-2013, 10:13 PM
RWDtech
1st Gear Member

God damnit! lol... She was carrying a basket full of groceries and she lost her balance and set the basket on the hood involuntary.

why do you have to have a Shelby bumper with a super snake or Shelby hood? I've been looking at pics and can't see the difference between the hoods in the front...
Old 05-05-2013, 10:36 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

can I ask why you want a different front bumper too??

I'd rather just do the hood personally, would feel like I'm not entirely blatantly ripping off the Shelby look.

I know that if I get around to it, I'll just buy a SuperSnake style hood and call it a day.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:43 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

You can get a super-snake style hood from trufiber. http://www.trufiber.com/2010_Mustang...0025-a53kr.htm

The only way you're going to get an actual supersnake front bumper (or hood for that matter) cover is by going through Shelby, and they won't sell you one because you don't have a Supersnake. You can get a Shelby-style grille (I think from CDC), though.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:48 AM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

I really feel that my car needs a TruFiber hood.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:03 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

here's the hood & hood vents

hood
http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p...-16612-css.htm

hood vents
http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/7s3z-16c630-ss.htm

using these parts, add in the GT500 from bumper & paint...I bet you'll be in the neighborhood of $4000-$4,500 for everything, possible more, depending on shipping costs
Old 05-06-2013, 08:44 AM
RWDtech
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. I thought you HAD to have a gt500 front bumper for the hood to fit. I believe I read that on a vender's website as well.

And sorry to anyone thinking I am blatantly ripping off the look. Its my car and I would like to mod it how I wish. I just really love the look of the hood and bumper! I've never seen one in person and they are relatively rare, so I think most people would just think its an aftermarket hood anyway... Its not like I'm putting super snake emblems all over the car...
Old 05-06-2013, 08:48 AM
RWDtech
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
You can get a super-snake style hood from trufiber. http://www.trufiber.com/2010_Mustang...0025-a53kr.htm

The only way you're going to get an actual supersnake front bumper (or hood for that matter) cover is by going through Shelby, and they won't sell you one because you don't have a Supersnake. You can get a Shelby-style grille (I think from CDC), though.
That trufiber hood looks different somehow. Its not a replica of the super snake is it?

Quick Reply: Super Snake bumper, hood, paint cost