Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner with A Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 PM
klruff1

Default New Owner with A Few Questions

Just bought a B-Utiful 07 Windveil Blue V6 Convertible Pony Package Mustang with 45K miles, cherry condition. I've noticed a few things on it that I'm wondering if others have noticed and can share causes/fixes for:

1. The spoiler has stress cracks on the edge closest to the rear window where the bolts mount the spoiler to the trunk. I loosened the bolts a little to possibly relieve some of the stress, was this common to the Pony spoiler?

2. Drivers side door is misaligned, trying to figure out if the latch on the door frame can be adjusted, it needs to go lower and out a bit so the door aligns smoothly with the rear quarter panel. You have to give the door a good shove to open it from the inside due to the misalignment as well as a good push to close it tight. It is obvious by looking at the latch on the door and door frame that it is a little out of alignment.

3. No outside temp gauge in the Mustang? Read a few threads about mirrors with the temp gauge but they all say it is a $300-$400 job. Has anyone installed an outside temp gauge inexpensively and easily?

4. Working on getting a power passenger seat frame and may also add heated seat pads to the leather seats, any input?

5. Any recommendations for brand or link to a website to purchase a quality sequential tail light harness set?

Family and I love the car so far, underpowered V6 in my opinion but I didn't want the V8 since my daughter will be driving soon and this car will be hers to drive. I flew down from NJ to South Carolina to get this car and drove it home, got 28 mpg's during the 800+ mile trip and a ton of smiles.......

Keith in NJ (Jersey Shore)
Attached Thumbnails New Owner with A Few Questions-mustang.jpg  
Old 05-29-2013, 12:44 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Americanmuscle.com is one of the better sites for many modifications for your stang. A new tune and cai will pep up that v6 some. Not sure how much but it's a really nice bump for the v8's.

You can toss that v6 spoiler and get a much better looking one off eBay. Just search gt500 spoiler. They are about $100 install simply and look amazing.

Never heard of anybody adding a passenger power seat....maybe try the search button.

Outside temp gauge, try summit racing.com

Welcome and congrats on your purchase. These cars are a blast to own and drive.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:17 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Welcome, the 4.0 is a good choice for a daughter, the newer 3.7 have an additional
100 hp, 305 @ the crank.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:32 AM
kdryan
2nd Gear Member

From one Windveil Blue convertible owner to another, welcome and enjoy your car! Mine is an '05 and I haven't seen any stress cracks on the spoiler at all, though I might think it was from the previous owner using it as a handle to open and close the trunk.

American Muscle is pretty much one stop shopping, though there are a lot of other parts houses that will take care of you. Two names you'll want to learn quick are CDC (Classic Design Concepts) and Cervini. If you want to mod your car at all, they have great stuff.

The passenger power seat is probably something you can live without. I don't know if the Mustang ever had a power seat on that side.

Edit: Wrong info

Check out the Windveil Blue registry. Nice bunch of guys there...

Windveil Blue Mustang Registry

Last edited by kdryan; 05-29-2013 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Wrong information
Old 05-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. Use the search feature to answer future concerns as there are many issues specific to these S197's.

1) I've not heard of anyone reporting those stress cracks on their spoiler.

2) I don't recall hearing issues with door misalignment. Could this be related to accident damage repair?

3) There is no outdoor temp indication. That would be aftermarket.

4) I know that quite a few folks talked about adding power/heated seats. This WAS an option and hopefully others that added it can chime in. You can have my heated seats; even when I lived up north (PA, NJ, IL) I didn't care for them.

5) As mentioned, Brenspeed is a good place to start for aftermarket parts.

The 4.0 is underpowered. Without spending a lot of $$, a CAI & tune (Brenspeed writes some of the better tunes) will add about 15-20 RWHP. ALWAYS check with the forum, though, before laying out cash. Many a newb has spent good money on bad mods.