Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&L CAI & Predator: any tips before install?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 05:37 PM
RF2.1
2nd Gear Member

Default C&L CAI & Predator: any tips before install?

Anybody out there with a C&L CAI/mass air and a Diablo Predator have any tips before I install this thing? I think I may have time next week to finally install it. Is there anything out there about installation or programming that I should be aware of? Any pitfalls? Special tricks or tips on the program I need to know about to get the best performance? Any help would be appreciated; I'm new to the car upgrading thing. Also, I am using and will continue to use 87 octane fuel, and I have nothing other than Flowmasters on the car that isn't stock.

Thanks in advance!
David
Old 10-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Robs05gtvert
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: C&L CAI & Predator: any tips before install?

just take your time and you will be fine. Double-check everything. Make sure you backup your stock tune before you do anything. It's a very straightforward and easy install. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 10-05-2005, 05:50 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

When you take out the screws that hold the air sensor in, CAREFULLY PUT THEM SOMEWHERE THAT YOU WILL NOT LOSE THEM.

I removed mine and left the in the sensor, then my freind looks under the hood, moves the sensor, and both screws fell into the frame of the car. i couldn't beleive it.....we recovered one, and I am having a hard time finding another.

Other than that, rock on
Old 10-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Robs05gtvert
2nd Gear Member

also..make sure you have the updated software from the website....
Old 10-05-2005, 07:06 PM
RF2.1
2nd Gear Member

Just did the latest update, and tried to do the original factory back-up. Figured I could at least do that and learn how to operate the thing before I install the C&L tune. Unfortunately, my "Vehicle is not in Database." So I called tech support, and they said since my car was a 2006, it would not recognize it yet, and next week there should be a new update out (r24) that should take care of this. Anyone else have this happen to them? I wouldn't have thought there would be a big difference between the 05 and 06 computer, since the two GT's are basically the same thing.

We'll see what happens next week...
David
Old 10-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

Dude I'm not by far a mechanic so you have to forgive my ignorance but when you remove the stock air filter be sure to remove that web type metal cylinder (i think it's called a maf sensor) cause that thing is really going to restrict your airflow. Interestingly enough some of the guys in this forum were going to remove it from their rides and it wasn't there.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:04 AM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RF2.1
...I called tech support, and they said since my car was a 2006, it would not recognize it yet, and next week there should be a new update out...
Typical DiabloSport

ORIGINAL: RF2.1
...Anyone else have this happen to them...
I have had worse problems/"advice" from them.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:38 AM
RF2.1
2nd Gear Member

Mister Roper, please, what sort of problems? It would be nice to what what's in store for me.

David
Old 10-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

Actually, my problems arose from some bad advice I recvd from both DS and one of the speed shops THEY recommended. At the time, I remember feeling like I new more about these new Mustangs than they did. Come to think about it, yeah, I do know more.

It almost became comical when they tried to play good cop/bad cop with me but they kept getting confused as to who would play each part.

Between them and that craphole they refer to as a "Chipmaster", it took me about 6 weeks to get things straightened out. I won't be doing business with either of them again.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I just got my Preditor... first attempt at using it went GREAT!... I was amazed at the difference!.. and LOVE that freakin Throttle Delay being gone!

I did have a difficult time the first time removing the plug... was afraid to pull on it very hard.. but figured out you just yank and it comes off.. no "keepers".

Quick Reply: C&L CAI & Predator: any tips before install?