Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need input for axle back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 05:43 PM
The Ders

Thanks for the inputs. I ordered the SLP Loudmouths. Hopefully I like them, if not is only $300.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:02 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BrazenStang
BINGO!

Only thing that I hate about youtube is you can't tell how loud the exhaust is in person
. You can definitely tell tone, popping, cracking, but not decibels. Also, be mindful what motor/year the video is from. The 5.0 sounds totally different than the 4.6 motors.
Truth. Pypes bombs on my 5.0. Even after a dozen videos I wasn't prepared for how loud they were. I had no idea a/b's could even get so loud, they sound like an o/r X.

Originally Posted by CMcNam
I have a Pypes catback, and I will go a little different on this one. I would not recommend them. They sound good but I haven't been able to make them fit well for the life of me.
+1

Mine are on without any leaks, but just based on the packaging I will never buy anything from Pypes again. They showed up with a dent in one of the tips and in a box that looked like two boxes taped together. They were a PITA to get on. I like the sound enough to leave them, but big thumbs down on everything else.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Shiromar

It's pretty hard to say what's going to suite you. I stuck with single exhaust for now and put on a Flowmaster American Thunder and it sounds pretty good. It's pretty loud though, I definitely wasn't prepared for how loud it was. The other thing is that it definitely sounds different when you're driving it, so youtube videos won't be a very good judge of much other than that.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:36 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by The Ders
Thanks for the inputs. I ordered the SLP Loudmouths. Hopefully I like them, if not is only $300.
I think you'll be happy with your choice. They are definitely loud, but have good sound quality. Let us know what you think!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:10 PM
red96v6
2nd Gear Member

Good choice!!
SLP Loudmouths, Bassani Hi-Flow Catted X-pipe, and blower whine have caused more than a few wet spots to be left in my passenger seat
Old 06-05-2013, 12:44 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

^Superb, my friend.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:58 PM
adamryi

Loving the roush axle backs. Fitment is spot on and price is good too
Old 06-05-2013, 03:07 PM
KOOKS Headers
Former Sponsor

We offer a great axleback for your car, stainless steel construction and a great sounding powerful tone. Contact one of our vendors on here for a great deal!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:01 PM
The Ders

Man you guys are awesome. I really appreciate the continued input on this along with the input on my choice I made. Thanks guys.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:48 AM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CMcNam
I have a Pypes catback, and I will go a little different on this one. I would not recommend them. They sound good but I haven't been able to make them fit well for the life of me.
Had the same issue with my pypes A/B had to cut and re-weld the hanger and shave off the tabs on the midpipe connection to get them to fit. Straight and even now but a little extra work. To me it was worth it because I love the tone, the look and drone free.

Quick Reply: Need input for axle back exhaust