Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequential taillights question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 12:30 AM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Default Sequential taillights question.

Proud owner of a 2013 5.0,as of recently I just noticed that my "sequential" taillights aren't at all, and are in fact all just blinking at once. I have retuned the car with a Bama tune. So undecided, heck let's put stock back on and see what happens, still not sequential, anyone have any ideas? Don't want to take it to ford with the custom tune on, but also can't run stock due to upgrades.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:48 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

I would take it to the dealer as is. Your problem has nothing to do with anything a custom tune does. If you had blown a head gasket or puked a piston that is one thing. This is completely different. Do not be bullied by a dealer in cases like this. If they say they need to reflash, which I doubt is necessary, bring your tuner with you and put it back to stock. Thinking that the dealer is going to void your warranty or give you some flak over a custom tune because your sequential turn signals are not working is way too far a stretch.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:01 AM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

I would take it to the dealer sequential taillights are standard on the new mustangs.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:57 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FivePointToTheOh
Proud owner of a 2013 5.0,as of recently I just noticed that my "sequential" taillights aren't at all, and are in fact all just blinking at once. I have retuned the car with a Bama tune. So undecided, heck let's put stock back on and see what happens, still not sequential, anyone have any ideas? Don't want to take it to ford with the custom tune on, but also can't run stock due to upgrades.
I think you'll be fine. The dealership isn't out to get you, if something is wrong with your Seq taillights then they'll fix them! It has absolutely nothing to do with your engine or any of your modifications.

I would make sure you tell them not to do anything without contacting you first though! Because if there's any updates available in your PCM, they sometimes flash them to your PCM without telling you. This could cause issues with your tuner!

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan
Old 07-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Pull your panties up and go in for warranty work. Any dealership in their right mind won't hassle you for having mods that have no relationship to what you're bringing it in for. And if they try to intimidate you, be a bigger azzhole than they are, then find another dealership.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:54 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Pull your panties up and go in for warranty work. Any dealership in their right mind won't hassle you for having mods that have no relationship to what you're bringing it in for. And if they try to intimidate you, be a bigger azzhole than they are, then find another dealership.
Doing as Such now!