Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dream Car Turned Nightmare

Old 06-25-2013, 04:32 PM
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boaisy
My thought is, yeah the other dealer may have to start over, but who says they won't find out the problem sooner?
It makes no sense to go to a different dealer after you already built up a relationship with the current dealer you have been going to. I highly suggest that you continue to work with the same dealer you always been going to, the reason why is because they will know the background story on the complaints and what repair work was done... if you go to a different dealer now then your dealing with people that will see you as just another new customer... Another thing, a car is a mechanical complex machine. As a experience auto mechanic myself I can tell you that sometimes it takes time to find what the main cause is. And electrical problems can be a nightmare as your finding out...

Work with your dealers CSM & Deysha, continue to work with the people you've been working with all this time, dont change dealerships, that would be fooling at this time IMO and it will eventually get fixed only if you fully explain to them what the car is doing or not doing.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:36 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Lawyer up. Time for a replacement car. Been to many miles & attempts to repair as to be beyond reasonable.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Art161
4th Gear Member

IMO, it's foolish to keep going to the same dealership. They have demonstrated numerous times that they don't know how to fix your car's issues. It reminds me of when I was in college. I had a Plymouth that was trouble, trouble, trouble. The nearest dealership was useless. I called Chrysler's Zone Service Manager. The manager suggested a dealership across town. They repaired everything on the first attempt.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Weather Man
1st Gear Member

OP, any resolution to your issue?
Old 09-26-2013, 04:09 AM
hoodlum54
1st Gear Member

Default Update

Originally Posted by Weather Man
OP, any resolution to your issue?
I contacted an attorney and he said that he sent the information off to Ford on July 11th.

He just heard back from them last week and said that they're not offering to trade the car for a current model (which I wouldn't want anyway) and he encouraged me to take it to the dealer yet again to provide him with more leverage. The GPS still isn't working, the suspension still creaks when turning the wheel/going over bumps at low-med speeds and the check engine light is back on. I took it to autozone and they said the code it was reading was "multiple misfires." Perhaps that's why I was feeling the loss of power during its normal power band?

I'm taking it to a new dealership that's horribly out of my way. I have a friend that has been getting his car worked on there for years and can't recommend them enough.

I just want my car to run right and to be fixed.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:51 PM
jamescfp

Default 2012 mustang 5 LCA's later

5 LCA's later and still the same noise and now the dealer saws to me your car is no longer under warranty. They have yet to fix the problem but don't have a problem telling me it's out of warranty. Here let me get you a shop rag so you can wipe your hands clean.

Does anyone know why this persists and is there a solution, not a fix a solution.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:43 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jamescfp
5 LCA's later and still the same noise and now the dealer saws to me your car is no longer under warranty. They have yet to fix the problem but don't have a problem telling me it's out of warranty. Here let me get you a shop rag so you can wipe your hands clean.

Does anyone know why this persists and is there a solution, not a fix a solution.
ZOMBIE THREAD! KILL IT!!!! LOL